Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47327 times)

Offline RandomTiger

Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
Maybe Im the only person who uses ramming tatics.

Offline Solatar

For oold times sake, I think I'll use the fs1 briefing icons, and maybe the HUD also. This will be optional to download, but I think it will add to the feel of the game. We can also use the fs1 music. That would be cool.

I have come up with a somewhat weird name for our project, how about the TV Project?

EDIT:Also, I'm debating whether to use the original fs2 icons for the Superdestroyer, or just leave it out altogether. Afterall, there were no superdestroyers in the T/V war.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2002, 01:03:51 pm by 691 »

Offline Solatar

I have just imported all of the fs1 icons for briefings, as well as selection. I'm doing to the music right now. I know the fs1 icons are crap, but it would make it seem more T/V war like.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Leave the superdestroyer out.

Good points Random Tiger.  I like those ideas Hades.  Also, try dropping Hudzy a PM or e-mail and asking about his project.  Hopefully this will be done when I get back.  :D   Goodbye and good luck, I'll be back in a week!

:cool:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

Well, I don't know about it being done in a week but...

I have to use the AWAcs, and superdestroyers and such, fs2 crashes if I don't. I changed the corvette, AWACs, and such to cruiser icons, the superdestroyer to a capital ship icon, and I changed the large ship, and large ship wing to the original fs1 icons. Everything except the Knossos is an fs1 icon. I also imported all of the fs1 selection icons. This is going to be really fs1-ish.

Offline Solatar

The ingame HUD is about the same as the fs2 HUD. I just have the fs1 crosshairs, and lead. As well as the fs1 missile lock. I have new wingman images also. They are cool looking little triangles.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Originally posted by Hades
Eishtmo, I would like you to write up a storyline, that would be cool.

Story is done man, just not written down (for me, it makes sense).  Gimme a couple of days to outline the basic plot and the stuff I wanted to do in it (developed for own campaign, you might not like a lot of this stuff) and I'll send you a copy, somehow.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Solatar

I'm not a very good storyline person, I'm more of a MODing guy, so I'm not complaining about a storyline, we just need a good storyline. I'm not sure whether we should do the whole t/v war, from Skirmash to operation thresher, in episodes, or just the last part.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Make sure you do the first appearance of the Shivans (Lt Ash). You can be playing as Gamma 3 or something, then given an order by your dying wingmen to "Get out! Save yourself! Tell someone for God's sake!" :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Were there any survivors from Ross 128?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
the shivans :D
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline RandomTiger

Please check your e-mail Hades.

Offline Solatar

Sorry, I've been using internet explorer lately, haven't checked my mail. I'll check it just for you though!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2002, 11:15:11 am by 691 »

Offline RandomTiger

Very kind of you

I think it could be a lot better with a bit of time but I dont want to pour all my efforts into something thats not going to be used.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2002, 11:27:26 am by 848 »

Offline Solatar

I was just thinking about the Athena bomber. Was it a t/v war bomber? I mean in the Capture Taranis mission in fs1 it says that the Galatea was RECIEVED a wing of Athena bombers. Maybe they are only distributed by Terran Command when a destroyer needs them. Maybe the same with the Medusa, but I haven't checked up on that yet. I can't find the mission where you first get the medusa.

EDIT:I know the Ursa wasn't used in the t/v war, because it said in the Command briefs that it was a new bomber.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I was just thinking about the Athena bomber. Was it a t/v war bomber? I mean in the Capture Taranis mission in fs1 it says that the Galatea was RECIEVED a wing of Athena bombers. Maybe they are only distributed by Terran Command when a destroyer needs them. Maybe the same with the Medusa, but I haven't checked up on that yet. I can't find the mission where you first get the medusa.

EDIT:I know the Ursa wasn't used in the t/v war, because it said in the Command briefs that it was a new bomber.

Methinks you can maybe justify assigning FS1 ships to the player for op-eval later in the war :nod: - depends on your timeframe.

Maybe you could have a mission with the first deployment of the GTD Orion? :devil:

Offline Solatar

I think we were going to have the later part of the t/v war. Ending with Operation Thresher. We could use a cutscene after the Riviera attack also. Random Tiger gave me a good idea. Since the player is Alpha 1, maybe LT. Ash gave the order for everyone to get to the jump node to Delta Serpentis. After you get to the node and jump out, the fs1 intro plays.

I think we will use the GTB Athena as a standard bomber, and I'll try to find the Apollo bomber model to use as the Terran heavy bomber.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by Bobboau
the shivans :D

Apart from them you twit! :rolleyes: :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Anaz

lol, but anyways...

seems we have 2 different threads of conversation in the same thread...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline RandomTiger

Random Tiger gave me a good idea. Since the player is Alpha 1, maybe LT. Ash gave the order for everyone to get to the jump node to Delta Serpentis. After you get to the node and jump out, the fs1 intro plays.

What I meant was that you got to play that part and the audio from that could be used. Would be great to hear that familar track and know that the lucifer is on its way for you!