Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47326 times)

Offline Solatar

Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
See what? Anyway, as you know the Vega Engagement was the first sighting of a Typhon class destroyer. The GTD Eisenhower and almost all of the 4th fleet is destroyed. Here's a start to a storyline:

First Few Missions; you just fight vasudans, getting used to using the new weapons, stuff like that.
Then you go on a major assault of a Vasudan supply depot. Maybe we could include a Karnak installation? A Typhon jumps in, the mission ends in failure. You go on. The next series of missions is when you hunt down, and how ever many missions later, its destroyed.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
The Timeline silly.  I'd like to put in my two canadian cents to the process.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

Go ahead. What do you have in mind?

Offline Thor

I don't know yet.  Thats why I want to see the Timeline so I can offer an idea.

Offline Solatar

I can't really find it. I'm kind of forgetful. Anyway, Eishtmo, could you post some stuff around the vega Engagement? or e-mail something to Thor.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
w0rd up... i already faught in itt

Offline Thor

Where?  How?  What?  

By the way, thank you E for sending the Timeline, very good work.  We should consider placing it on the site.

Offline Solatar

Yeah, thanx Eishtmo. I agree, it should be on the site. So Thor, what do you think we should do? And how is that hosting coming? I thought we put in that application a long time ago.

Offline Thor

Well, Basically, I think that most of the battles from 2323 till the start of FS1 would be good material.  So maybe we could do a "Battle Series" Campaign that features some of the greatest battles that span a few missions with connecting missions for story, that reveal other important events.  Something like this would also allow us to release it episodically, So from the first engagement to The First Battle of Vasuda-Antares Node for example of an episode.  The Episode could be longer or shorter depending on the story or how much time we can actually throw into this.  But first we need the Mod.  Hades, what is our current status?

By the way, the hosting has been submited.  I'm just waiting to hear from an Admin to let us know when we actually get to use the space.

Offline Solatar

I could release the MOD on Tuesday, that is if I don't get it done onight (I'm going away until monday night).Excuse the bad language, but, I NEED THAT DAMN ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I have that, the whole thing is going into a .vp. I'm using the fs1 music, it will kind of add to the atmosphere. Also, I've used the interface from fs1, the crappy outline stuff because it kind of adds to the atmosphere also. I'm working on the interface screens, and the Main hall.

Like I said. I need an angel model!!!Can anyone make a new model? since anyone who has the angel right now is feeling stingy, we'll need a new one. That Angel is holding back the whole MOD.

New ships:

Apollo-Main Fighter

Athena-Kind of a "Medusa" style bomber in the beginning, then a light one in the last episode.

Angel-Intercepter, later renamed a Scout since its armor was never upgraded.

Hydra-Heavy Bomber. Using a .pof by NukeBomb_Overkill.

Anubis-Vasudan Main fighter

The Vasudans will use all of the bombers in fs1. This includes the Amun, and the Osiris. Plus maybe another one.

You can start making some demo missions if you want, I'll change the ship classes and weapons after I see what you can do. As A note, I would like most missions to have you launch from the hanger of your capital ship. We could make you stationed on the Galatea. That would be cool. Better yet, download the fs1 port, then base your missions off of that. I'm still working on the MOD, though its almost there.

I NEED THAT ANGEL MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thor

Reguardless of if you finish it or not, send me what you have.  I'm trying to get somemore ships for it, like the GVD Hammerhead/Astarte.  Also, toss in the GTB Inferno as a pre-Ursa heavy bomber.  My e-mail is in this thread.  I'll try to find someother things to add, maybe something else will turn up.  I'll get on trying to locate the angel aswell.  So please send me your stuff before you leave.

Offline Solatar

I'll try to send it tomorrow, like, after I'm out of school.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Post it where you like, I don't mind.  Just credit yours truly.

I'm working on a storyline for the Vega Engagement.  I should (doesn't mean I will) have something by the weekend.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Thor

I have Several Angel models on the way.  One is in the Cardinal Spear Campaign .vp File, and another is the original Model by Venom and is being prepared by Woo.  I'll send it to as soon as I am able, or, actually, Give Woo your e-mail Hades, and He should just send it right to you.  Esh, can't wait to see the Vega Engagement.  I presume this is the first deployment of the Typhon?

Offline Solatar

Yes it is, I know that. That's why I picked it. I'll have to reinstall fs1 later so I can use the tech room. Anyway, the angel in the cardinal Spear series isn't even a modified .pof. Its just a renamed Valkyrie. And I'll send Woo my e-mail address right away.

Offline Thor

Okay, you do that.  I'll expect the stuff on tuesday.

Anyone have thoughts for the subject of a demo mission?

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Why not do 'First Contact' or something!
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Thor

definate possibility.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Worry about the demo missions later, its not worth doing so now.  First we need the mods, which will take the longest.  Demo missions probably aren't even worth it, just work on the campaign itself.  The sooner it goes from "on paper" to "released" the better, got me?

Yeah, the Angel from Cardinal Spear was just a renamed Valk.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Thor

Okay, Bad angel my bad.  But I also got the good angel, so I evened things out.;) .  And the demo mission in this case is a proof of mod.  I was thinking along the lines of a pre T-V War skirmish with pirates, just to show it off.  Doesn't have to be perfect, doesn't have to be the most kick arse thing of all time, but something that proves the concept.  As for the mods, well, the first version will be given to the team, I think thats you and I and a few others(I have no idea who else is actually active inthis or not.)  So a public release would soon follow.  You're right though, we need to make the mod really cool.:cool: .  How is the Vega Engagement comming?