Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47333 times)

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
Originally posted by Thor
How is the Vega Engagement comming?

Slowly.  Don't expect anything for a while, but do start moding stuff, no reason not to.  And e-mail that file I sent you to Hades, he didn't get the add-ons.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Done.

I am also getting my weaponssmith to whip up some sweet pre-beam cap ship weapons.  They should be powerful like beams, so a cap battle won't take for ever.  He is also making an experimental pseudo beam, that we could use latter on.  Hope you guys like.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
They should be powerful like beams, so a cap battle won't take for ever.

There are other ways of doing that, mostly through multiple attacks, which is likely how they took down destroyers during the war as is.

Bombs need to be totally dumbed down, removing some of their tracking abiltiy should be an option.

---------

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Are you sure beams would be right for that kind of time era?

Offline Solatar

I kind of have a problem. How to get you guys the MOD. I have no way of uploading it. I can't e-mail it, because AOL won't let me upload files larger than 16 megs. Its a .vp and is 44.9 megs compressed, and 60.4 megs uncompressed. Most of this stuff is the fs1 music i have included. I felt that fs1 music would add to the feel of the MOD as a pre-great war thing. I'll take out the music, and give Thor some .vps. Some with music, and one with everything else. Sorry guys. Anybody doing missions, please use Galactic Emperors port. I'll change the ship classes when the MOD is ready. which will be Tuesday I hope.

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Yeah, best thing is to have the music in a seperate VP. Those of us with FS1 or who don't want the music can import it or go without then.

Offline Solatar

I'll do the music later. The rest of the MOD is complete. We have pretty much the fs1 and fs2 weapons, mostly. Not that many new weapons. Just a Vulcan I was playing with, a Subach 6, read the tech and you'll understand about that.

I'll have it up by this afternoon.:D :D ;)

Offline Thor

Please note, I said LIKE beams.  These are not beams in there current form.  They are finished and ready to be tested, which I'll be doing later.  As for the file size issue, leave them out, just put an instruction txt on how to extract them from our own copies.  (So I'm incompetent with tables, sue me)  doesn't have to be complex, just simple and striaght forward.  Also, Once I have it, I can send it out to the peeps.  Just PM me addresses.  Who should get copies though, Esh and.....?

Offline Solatar

I'm almost done. Thor, what's your e-mail address again? For a later release, do you think we could use the targeting laser for some kind of "Super Weapon". You get to use it in a couple missions. it would make like one Helios come out of Subspace. In Great War terms, a Helios is a super weapon.

I'm working on Nuke. I'll send that up as soon as its done. and Thor, as soon as you get the files, can you upload it to our site, and then post a link? That would be great.

Offline Thor

Firstly, look up.  Yes scrolling, scrolling there she is!  my e-mail is on the thread, but here it is again  [email protected]

Secondly, how about using the targetting laser as the very first generation of TAG weapons.  Then we can explain that it was a failure, hence it was discountinued by the beginning of FS1.

Thirdly, I think that Esh and I should test it first before I put it one the site.  What I'll do is I'll actually put it up, then just not link to it directly.  That way, I can just add a link when its ready.  I'll probably add the weapons in to it before it's up.  You put the Angel in right?

Fourthly, what is Nuke?

Offline Solatar

I'm in a good mood today. Your lucky I'm nice or you'd be flamed crispy:D

Nuke is short for Nuclear. Usually referring to a nuclear warhead, or bomb. If you think about it it makes sense, though if your British, I don't know if that slang is used. If you are American, then you sin is unforgivable!!!:mad: :mad: (Kidding :D :D ;) ;) )

About the weapons. I have so far the Subach 6(Read the tech for the reason why I named it this), I think I have the Betelgeuse, and the ML-16, as well as the MX-50, Fury, Barracuda, and basically all of the weapons that were part of the fs1 port. So these will definately have to be redone. (My weapons, not the fs1 port ones).

As for music, everybody on the team has fs1, correct? if not, I'll try to send you the fs1 music, you can download it somewhere, or I'll prepare a music table that has renamed fs2 music, so you'll still have at least some music.

Just extract all of the music to the data/music directory, and then use the fs1 music table, as it is compatible with fs2.

About the Nuke, I was thinking of having the targeting laser launch a large bomb. This will be defined in the ssm.tbl (SubSpace missile, ever wonder what that was?).

Thanks for the address, I'm uploading it as we speak, expect it around 8:30 or 9:00 Eastern Stabdard Time. As a reference, it is now eight o'clock Eastern Standard Time, Because I don't know you locationg Thor, not because I think you don't know how to tell time.:D

dang, that took like 10 minutes to type.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
You should have seen how long it took to write the general story, which I'll mail out soon (probably tonight).

Unfortuantly, the story basically makes "super weapons" unnecessary.  In fact, they're pointless in my eyes anyways.

As for testing, don't bother using me as a test subject, I uninstalled FS so long ago I don't remember when I did it anymore, and my hard drive is so small I don't have the room for both it and Planescape: Torment at the moment.  And I'm not removing PS: T anytime soon.

Like I said, I'll send the thing out soon, just not right now.  I'm sleepy.  Later.

---------

Offline Solatar

Its uploading to Thors email. I think I MIGHT have a a lead on a possibility of a trailer.

Offline Solatar

Okay, this stinks. AOL won't upload it. Its under 16 megs, but I've been uploading for almost an hour. I'll try again tomorrow, sorry guys.

Offline Thor

Okay, I can wait.

I meant what does Nuke mean in context to the project.

Super weapons a no?  darn.

I also have some sketches for new cap ships based of of Esh Destroyer history.  The early Vasudan ones look like Orion rip offs.  Once I scan them in, I'll send them out.  They're not that great looking though, I'm no artist.

Offline Thor

Just skimed the design for the Vega Engagement.  I liked iit for the most part.  Need to read it more carefully for details sake.  I offer up more detailed opions in private, but I see that we need the Leo Battlecruiser.

I also think that we need a main character, that we can use through out the entire T-V War.  I'm a fan of using a character instead of just generic ALpha 1.  Thoughts?

I also think that we need a main character, that we can use through out the entire T-V War.  I'm a fan of using a character instead of just generic ALpha 1.  Thoughts?

I'm a fan of using a character too. But we don't want to take FS into the realm of Wing Commander. It's one of those things that makes FS unique from WC. But if you can integrate it in as well as Snipes was in FS2, then I highly support this idea.

Offline Solatar

Super weapons a no?  darn.

I actually wanted a super weapon. A subspace missile would be good. Since they had low tech, only a very low explosive warhead could be launched from subspace. We could also expand this idea, and make a cargo container or something shoot subspace "Torpedos" from a "Sub" that is in subspace.

Offline Thor

Okay, let me just say that the new cap weapons look awesome.  If someone has a site that allows us to put a picture in the thread, I send them a screen shot of them in action.  I'm getting a few small revisions done, so they'll be ready soon.  Just trust me when I say it looks really sweet.  Especially off an Orion.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
If I were writing a story, I'd give the player character a name, history, the works, but this is a campaign, and most people like playing themselves.  It allows them to be sucked in.  Not to say I don't like the idea, I do, I just don't think it works for Freespace where its already been established that you are nameless pilot Alpha One.

The Leo is technically a battleship, though the general weapon layout is pretty pathetic, barely even with a Fenris (which is why they retired the design).  The Thantos destroyer (Vasudan) should look a lot like the Orion, while the Savior should not.  For the campaign I sent you, we really shouldn't need either.  We will probably need some outpost designs though, as well as some older fighters and frieghters skinned for use as pirate vessels.

If you've got comments on the story, send them to me when you can.  I can make changes (I still say no to superweapons), but I'll argue my case so be ready for it.

---------