Author Topic: Cloak and Dagger  (Read 2114 times)

I appreciate the effort to balance the campaign, but i am still noticing major difficulty spikes. For instance, the Cloak and Dagger is incredibly difficult compared to the previous ones, even on very easy. To support this point, even the "official" walk thought (https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Cloak_and_Dagger_(ST:R)) recommends to lower the difficulty for this mission because "requires you to be at two places simultaneously".

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The mission is not actually that hard.  You only need to do one thing: stop the rogue freighter wing.  So scan one freighter from each wing as soon as possible.  Once the IFFs are resolved, your wingmen will be more than happy to help you out.

If you delay scanning the freighters, or if you try to do everything yourself, you're not going to have enough firepower to do the job.  That may be what the walkthrough meant.  Note that that isn't an "official" walkthrough, but rather a collaborative writeup from several fans.

The mission is not actually that hard.  You only need to do one thing: stop the rogue freighter wing.  So scan one freighter from each wing as soon as possible.  Once the IFFs are resolved, your wingmen will be more than happy to help you out.

If you delay scanning the freighters, or if you try to do everything yourself, you're not going to have enough firepower to do the job.  That may be what the walkthrough meant.  Note that that isn't an "official" walkthrough, but rather a collaborative writeup from several fans.

Hi Goober5000 . I managed to complete it by calling Epsilon wing immediately after start. I didn't know i could do that. It was probably in the briefing, but i don't remember seeing it.  Defending the escape pods was still troublesome (i assigned one wing to that), but it looks more a matter of luck than strategy there. Sometimes you loose them, sometimes you don't. Still, i had to reduce the difficulty from medium to very easy to complete it and return to medium after that.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ah yes, neither the briefing nor the messages mention Epsilon anywhere.  Not sure why; maybe it was a later addition.

The escape pod goal is intended to be "automatic" - luck dependent, as you said, but usually successful - but even if you fail it, there's no penalty.

Offline fergrim

This one caused me a moment of struggle as well.

The trick is just to keep a sharp eye out for the very first moment these transports warp in and immediately get to work scanning them.

You need to scan them all before the hostile ones reveal themselves, so just do it as quickly as possible

this is one of those where when you fail it seems hard, but when you succeed, you tend to do so with plenty of margin