Author Topic: Inferno CTDs  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi there!

I have been playing Inferno via Knossos. Great fun  :)  Unfortunately it appears highly unstable. I keep getting random CTDs (Crash-To-Desktop)s.

Anyone have any suggestions? If I were to attempt to fix it by by uninstalling and re-installing, would I lose my progress?

Please let me know if I need to provide any further info or if I should be posting this somewhere else.

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

What build are you using? Have you tried running  a debug build? 'random' CTDs are usually not all that random.
Nightlies from the 18th to 28th of September will crash on the 2nd mission loaded when a warp effect is used.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi FrikgFeek, thanks for the heads up.

It looks like I am using 3.8.0-3. At the risk of sounding stupid, how do I access the debug builds via Knossos? IIR they were listed in WXLauncher, but do not appear to be imedialt visible in Knossos, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

NB - I am referring to Inferno Classic. Nostos worked great :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Hover over the mod and click the dropdown area.  You should see options to view and upload the debug log.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Cheers :-) I tried that, but perhaps I did something wrong. I viewed the debug long. I tried to copy and paste it here, but apparently it is over 50,000 characters long so it couldn't be posted.  Apologises for sounding like a noob, but what am I supposed to do with the debug log? If I click on upload debug log a pop up box sating  'The most recent log was generated 68 days ago at 22:22:45. Is this when you encountered the problem?'

Should I click 'Yes, upload' to this? Is the '68 days ago' referring to the last time it was updated or similar?

Any advice greatly appreciated :-)

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
The debug log is generated each time you launch a debug build. To generate a new one, click the "Run FastDebug" option in the same menu. FSO should now launch. If warning messages appear, click Continue  and proceed as usual until you hit an error or FSO crashes. Once you're back in Knossos, click the "Upload Log" option again. It should now tell you that the log was updated today. Click, "Yes, upload" and post the link that is displayed afterwards.