Author Topic: BioShock Demo now on LIVE  (Read 18181 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: BioShock Demo now on LIVE
Spoiler:
Would you kindly snap the puppy's neck? ....then the next area has "How much is that doggy in the window" on the radio.  Beuatifully done.
Spoiler:
Ugh, just got to that one. Seriously winced when I heard the snap.

Yeeaah, I think that's enough BioShock for tonight...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Got it off Steam, it took three attempts before Steam would run it, but still, all in all a damn good game. Apparently the Authors have promised to remove the protection once the initial buying 'surge' is over, we will just have to wait and see I guess.
Since they made that promise, I think they will do it. Think how much worse the publicity will look if they don't go through with it.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I could play it 15 minoutes after it had been released on steam (Had preloaded it) and I hadent have any problems with it (completed it in like 2 days)

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, I'm not 100% it wasn't a connection problem at this end, I have an old Alcatel Speedtouch USB, and whilst a good modem, it can be a bit quirky at times.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Well, I'm not 100% it wasn't a connection problem at this end, I have an old Alcatel Speedtouch USB, and whilst a good modem, it can be a bit quirky at times.

Ok well I really dont know my ISP is a bit weird I am suppose to have 8Mbit internet (thats what I pay for and what it says on the bill) but I have 24Mbit, anyway I had to try and click on it a few times before it worked (the unlocking that is) but if you have trouble playing it just set Steam to offline Mode then it should work (Once you have unlocked it that is)
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
So did anyone else find the final battle to be a bit easy on "medium" difficulty?

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
So did anyone else find the final battle to be a bit easy on "medium" difficulty?
I was just thinking that. The electro-gel is freaking dynamite in that match, not to mention all the propane cannisters lying everywhere.

Still, I have high hopes for "hard" difficulty. Now all I need to do is find the time to play it.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yup, completed it yesterday, nice little twist, but in all honesty I did kind of see it coming...

Spoiler:
I was running around thinking to myself, so.. when exactly did I agree to be Atlas' little revenge tool?

The final battle wasn't very challenging, I'll admit, but still a thoroughly enjoyable game :) First one I've finished in quite a while.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
It was pretty good. They did a good job with the little girls...

"Why won't you move Mr. Bubbles?" :(
Always such an "aawwww" moment. Sounds so sad.

Spoiler:
I did get a good chuckle at the end though... Seeing the little brats madly stabbing the big bad naked man... :lol:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I thought the story was brilliant all the way through to the end of the second act. After that twist, though, the narrative seems to lose steam and it felt to me like the writers weren't sure where to go with it.

Spoiler:
And Fontaine isn't half the antagonist Ryan is.
Not to mention the horrendously unsatisfying ending cinematic. I got the 'bad' ending - is the good one any better?

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
I got the 'bad' ending - is the good one any better?
A happily ever after, with a whole bunch of chicks... Nothing special...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
How does one go about seeing the "bad" ending?

(Also, has anyone tried the new nVidia beta drivers specially made for Bioshock? I keep getting it come out to desktop whilst I'm playing - it doesn't crash, it just minimizes the game and I'm able to alt+tab back in..)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I used the beta drivers. Didn't have any problems.

The ending you get depends on whether you choose to harvest or rescue the little sisters. I'll let you figure out which one's which.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
How does one go about seeing the "bad" ending?

(Also, has anyone tried the new nVidia beta drivers specially made for Bioshock? I keep getting it come out to desktop whilst I'm playing - it doesn't crash, it just minimizes the game and I'm able to alt+tab back in..)

Spoiler:
Well, I think it's to do with Harvesting the Little Sisters instead of releasing them, soppy old sentimental git that I am couldn't harvest a single Sister, let them all free

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Spoiler:
Well, I think it's to do with Harvesting the Little Sisters instead of releasing them, soppy old sentimental git that I am couldn't harvest a single Sister, let them all free
Spoiler:
Did you get weird polygamy vibe from the end of that cinematic, too?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Spoiler:
Yes, yes I did, there was something weird about the sight of several hands, with wedding rings on them, grasping the players' hand in the summary at the end

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Spoiler:
I like the very notion that they weren't mentally scared for life after you saved them - and were able to go on to whatever lives they had.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Spoiler:
Alas, the main character had rather more trouble resuming a normal life ;)

http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/fittingin.jpg

IMPORTANT! For some reason the Spoiler tag doesn't hide links, if you don't want to possibly ruin the game story to some degree, DON'T CLICK on that link. I know it sounds like a dumb warning, all things considered, but I'm not going to be accused to ruining anything for anyone ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:47:27 pm by Flipside »

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Spoiler:
Tenenbaum: Okay, it's safe to remove the Big Daddy armour now.
Player: *Struggle*
Tenenbaum: Oh, right, it locks solid when you first put it on. My bad.

I'm going to wait till securom gets disabled before buying it...
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"