Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 280367 times)

Offline -Norbert-

The Hertak did NOT recognize the Prometheus frame. I think what they said was something like this "Such power... could it be them?".
They just saw how powerfull that comparetively small ship was and thus concluded that it could only be the enemy spoken of in the ancient prophecies.

And maybe there is no all powerfull enemy species, that's going to wipe the Hertak out. Maybe it was just a self-fullfilling prophecy having nothing to do with the invasion in the Hertak's past.
The prophet saw the events of the last battle of WoD and wrote it down in some obscure way. And later the Hertak misinterpreted it into some horrible enemy coming for them in the future and decided they'd have to conquer all the known universe to be strong enough to repell them... which turned out to be the reason for the powerfull enemy to come to blows with them.

That super race has no beef with any of us, so only the Hertak are a threat.
'The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more, no less'
I'm more a fan of a version of that saying by some WH40K Inquisitor: "The enemy of my enemy is a problem for tomorrow. For today they might be usefull."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
They're both Inquisitor's sayings, actually.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Oh, and WYNTER, come out and tell us more about yourself please. And if there's anyone else lurking around in the background, can you come out too? Especially any Zy. I'd like very much to see some Zy.

"Wanting to know more about me? Good good, I'm like super important afterall. I can tell you think so too by the way you write my name in caps."

"I was born and raised on Istha and am currently learning things about flying and space and stuff in the academy. I have a overachieving twin sister while I like lazing off"

That got me thinking. Crystal, how bad were LSF losses during the battle with the Flagship and its fleet?

"At the end of the operation only 43% of the fleet was still in a fighting condition."

Crystal: is it possible to make shield-penetrating beams for your ships?
"At the moment, no. Not with Tachyon weapons at least.
The majority of the shield systems in use are by default on stand by mode. Only becoming briefly active when it detects an incoming attack so it can block it. Tachyon weapons work because due to the odd properties of Tachyon particles, the majority of shield systems fail to detect the attack in time and thus do not activate. A sustained Tachyon beam for that reason would only work briefly. Perhaps there is merit in using a Tachyon beam for AA purposes but they are not the most energy effective weapons for that purpose."

Anyway, the bottom line is large ears are not a good thing in my timeline. For a Cyrvan, are large ears good, bad, or does it simply not matter. I was wondering if large or small ears might be deemed more attractive for instance?
"Well, a person may have a preference for smaller or larger ears but there is no commonly accepted beauty standard or anything."

What about you, Crystal? You have possibly the highest bodycount, ranging in the thousands. Does it ever keep you up at night, knowing you silenced the voices of so many, only to hear their screams as they're engulfed in fire, whenever you close your eyes?
I'd imagine that it's different when commanding a warship, each crewmember sharing at least a little of the blame. But you? You pulled the trigger yourself. That must be a hefty burden to carry for the next few centuries, how do you cope with it?
"Hmmm.
It doesn't really bother me much to be honest. They invaded, they paid the price for it. There's also the factor that, despite being sentient, they are alien races... I might be more concerned about it if it was a ship full of Terrans or Cyrvans."

also Yaiceca.  want to go out for a drink and have a good time,  my treat.

i can promises you my intentions are noble and i would just like to git to know you a little better.

anyways you in?

"Yeah su-.
Haha, no."

I bet Empress Isa's ship has a neural interface so she can hear the screams directly through her ship's sensors.

"That's silly."

To anyone willing and able to answer:
Now that the Hertak lost their old extremist leaders, have there been any attempts to convince the remaining Hertak that Humans are not a thrall of their enemies and thus be able to negotiate at least a cease fire?
Considering the LSF and JGASF wiped out their entire royal line an outright peace treaty is very unlikely, but ending open hostilities does sound like a good idea.

On a similar note:
Do Humans and Cyrvans have any idea what's going on with the Hertak? I suppose the most likely results of the war would be a splintering into smaller groups (probably lead by former governors/mayors/whatever or high ranking military officers), each trying to consolidate themselfs as the new leaders either by political means, or maybe even through civil war.
While this would make it virtually impossible to sign any treaty with the whole Hertak race, it would also weaken the position of each group in the negotiations and thus make it more likely to get at least some of the Hertak to sign the cease fire.
"Direct contact between the Hertak and us has become a rare occasion after their thralls revolted. Our understanding of the situation is that the Hertak are indeed still in 'open debate' amongs themselves who should become the new emperor while at the same time they are fighting off attacks from the Cordi and Zy in a half hearted fashion.
Technically we are still at war with the Hertak as direct peace negotiations have not been attempted."

(Also, now that we're on the subject of coping with taking lives, I cant help but imagine Misuzu constantly being egged on by her imaginary childhood friend Strike Freedom.)

"..."

"Uh huh, uh huh"

"..."

"Hehe, good one."

Why doesn't the JGASF just get a proper stealth fighter for Kunoichi? Put her talents to use, rather than fielding Crystal or Misuzu every time somebody needs to blow up a reactor.

Kunoichi, what's the intelligence branch of the LSF called? Have you ever considered transferring to SOC?
Kunoichi would make a great spy to go into Cyrvan space.  Cyrva barely notice Terrans already, so Kunoichi would be even more invisible.

EDIT: I don't think the Cyrva have ninjas, so they'd never expect to face a master like Kunoichi.
By saying Kunoichi would make a great spy, I'm saying she'd make a great spy for the LTW version of the CIA since she'd be pretending to be an ordinary, invisible civilian.  Doing black-ops special forces stuff like SOC is not what I had in mind.
You know, I don't think we even need to have this conversation. She's probably the the scariest one there.
Nah, Luna's the one to worry about in that regard. Poor Kunoichi tries to be social, she just doesn't have the presence to pull it off.
We might see some of that. I doubt it though. She's been Tempest's plaything for years.

Cheer up, Kunoichi. No one means you any harm.
I don't know why are you so worried about Kunoichi flipping.
Yeah, there's the chance, but if it happens, in a twist of irony, it will happen quickly and silently. A slight noise, a bump on the back of your head... and off to the Pearly Gates.

The one you should be worried about is Misuzu. Genki girls aren't known for being tidy and swift, and that applies to them killing people as well.

"I'm leaving..."

Kunoichi: Who's first against the wall when you decide to start whacking people (literally, not metaphorically) by stealth?
"All of you first..!"

To anyone that's willing to respond: What's your favorite weapon?

"My hyperweapon, gahaha"
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:52:34 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I would rather guess that the Zy (especially the Zy, considering WoD 2), the Cordi and the Fura'ngle won't let happen something like that. I still hope they're angry enough to kill them all.

EDIT: Or they do it while the Hertak are distracted with their own problems.

Oh, now I have a question to anyone.
When the Hertak ruled, they restricted the technology of the three races. How powerful are their ships now? Does anyone know if the Zy "Home Fleet" returned back?

By the time of WoD2, they have indeed.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline qwadtep

Aw, poor Kunoichi. Is there anything we can do to make it up to you?

Wynter, is your sister Luna, by chance? That would thicken the plot considerably.

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
"All of you first..!"

Great work guys... Kunoichi, would you at least let me live?

To anyone that's willing to respond: What's your favorite weapon?

"My hyperweapon, gahaha"

...Uhmm.... W-Why do you always come out of nowhere when I least expect it? :nervous:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Rance forever!

Now of course I have to worry about ninjas. And I suspect Kunoichi can catch me if I'm on fire, so that's out.

A Feddie Story

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Now of course I have to worry about ninjas. And I suspect Kunoichi can catch me if I'm on fire, so that's out.
Kunoichi's more likely to be more concerned about putting the fire out on you first, instead of catching you.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"All of you first..!"
Now you've done it. Well, time to write that last will, lest I g
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Crystal: is it possible to make shield-penetrating beams for your ships?
"At the moment, no. Not with Tachyon weapons at least.
The majority of the shield systems in use are by default on stand by mode. Only becoming briefly active when it detects an incoming attack so it can block it. Tachyon weapons work because due to the odd properties of Tachyon particles, the majority of shield systems fail to detect the attack in time and thus do not activate. A sustained Tachyon beam for that reason would only work briefly. Perhaps there is merit in using a Tachyon beam for AA purposes but they are not the most energy effective weapons for that purpose."

Would a Tachyon beam that rapidly switches between on and off for the duration of the shot fool shield systems into remaining off?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Enzo03

Kunoichi probably feels like we're doing this to her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCVfBD9Pzo

It's like Murphy's Law applied to socialization - anything you try to say to her just makes her madder at you.

I hate when it's like Murphy's Law applied to socialization, because I get a variant that almost every time I try to make new friends IRL I wind up with yet another person with whom I want absolutely nothing to do with.

Well, maybe apologies would still help, but I will say I know by experience that there's a low point at which they most certainly will not.

Haha I think I sound emo right now.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
"All of you first..!"
Now you've done it. Well, time to write that last will, lest I g

Jellyfish? JELLYFIIIIIIIIIISH!

Kunoichi, if I buy you a Pangalactic Garlgleblaster and give you Dekker as a sex slave, would you consider letting me live?

And Crystal, while it's heartening to hear that you would have issues with killing the same amount of Terrans, I can't help but feel chilled to the bones by your response. Perhaps it's to do with your race's biology.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Enzo03

:nervous:

Appreciate what you have before it becomes what you had.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:47:38 pm by Enzo03 »

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Kunoichi's more likely to be more concerned about putting the fire out on you first, instead of catching you.

Are you suggesting we rely on her inherent decency? I'd say that's not a bad plan, but I kinda want to see her beat some people up just to watch the other JGASF pilots react.

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

[...]
And Crystal, while it's heartening to hear that you would have issues with killing the same amount of Terrans, I can't help but feel chilled to the bones by your response. Perhaps it's to do with your race's biology.
The LSF, CSA and JGASF were not fighting for economic, political, religous or terretorial reasons. They were defending against unprovoked enslavement and genocide on an interplanetary scale.
If not emphasizing with aliens doing that chills you so badly, you should never try to seriously think about the history of wars of our own planet, or the disposition of many current political and military leaders...

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I'm just surprised at her feelings regarding it, I thought that elves were supposed to revere and respect all life.
This is proof that you truly are Isa's sister.

I look forward to the day you see the truth and join our Empress in her crusade to unite the galaxy under her loving, iron grip.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline -Norbert-

You do realize that you are talking about a race that went to war with the Terrans over wether we should be allowed to defend ourselfs, or have them do it for us, right?

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
You maka a valid argument good sir, but let me put forward this....

:warp:

The Force shall free me.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Misuzu, what would your retaliatory prank be, if someone put itching powder in your flightsuit before you leave on a long range patrol? Would it differ in any large way depending on who did it?

The Force shall free me.

Offline Enzo03

You know what?

I think it'd be best if Misuzu left you guessing. :lol: