Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163762 times)

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to get one-hit-killed by these three fleets in Draco if they all shoot at me. :sigh: Is anybody planning on helping? I understand that I have to stay in order to cover the retreat of the 1st CRF and the 1st DD (if both intend to retreat), so that just leaves me here by myself.

I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to get one-hit-killed by these three fleets in Draco if they all shoot at me. :sigh: Is anybody planning on helping? I understand that I have to stay in order to cover the retreat of the 1st CRF and the 1st DD (if both intend to retreat), so that just leaves me here by myself.
4th CRF and 3rd CRF should come to Draco to replace 1st CRF and 1st DD and attack the Hertak so there will be again 3 fleets in the system.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm just sayin', if I was a player myself I would find it slightly annoying to have someone 'recommend' me every possible thing I might or might not do or pick.

Well, in a strategic game like this, it's really helpful to have everyone following a unified plan. That requires having a leader to come up with the plan. Lorric's essentially volunteered to do this, and people have been willing to freely follow his suggestions and not complain about it.

OK then - I won't be a silent minority any longer.  I'm finding it slightly annoying.  Lorric, can you please present your plans more as suggestions/discussion points than orders?  Could you please also not interpret this as a personal attack? I have a problem with the behaviour, not the person.  Also, your plans so far have been good. I'm just concerned about you coming up with a plan that I don't agree with.

Lepanto - except for the bolded part, I agree with your post.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

I'm just sayin', if I was a player myself I would find it slightly annoying to have someone 'recommend' me every possible thing I might or might not do or pick.

Well, in a strategic game like this, it's really helpful to have everyone following a unified plan. That requires having a leader to come up with the plan. Lorric's essentially volunteered to do this, and people have been willing to freely follow his suggestions and not complain about it.

OK then - I won't be a silent minority any longer.  I'm finding it slightly annoying.  Lorric, can you please present your plans more as suggestions/discussion points than orders?  Could you please also not interpret this as a personal attack? I have a problem with the behaviour, not the person.  Also, your plans so far have been good. I'm just concerned about you coming up with a plan that I don't agree with.

Lepanto - except for the bolded part, I agree with your post.
You surprise me. Truly, of everyone outside Lepanto if I'd been asked to identify someone who had a problem with this I'd have gone through each and every one of the other players first until your name was the only one left. I thought we'd been chatting pleasantly about such things. I have been trying hard not to come across as giving orders, so I don't know what you want me to do, or why you have a problem. Especially if you like my plans.

If I come up with a plan you don't agree with, we should just discuss it.

I have thought about the possibilities. If people don't like one of my plans then it won't get followed, it'll be simple as that. If there are two conflicting plans, I would think there should be a vote, and the plan that wins that vote should be followed. Everyone working to a plan rather than as individuals is best if you ask me, so I'd go along with the other plan if my plan was voted down. If most people are following a plan, surely it would be best for the remaining others to follow it too.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
alright, I'll PM you, no need to clutter the thread with this.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Since the very top half is being hammered by four armed blue skinned wannabes, I'm going to move up there to assist the 1st SF and yadda yadda yadda.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Since the very top half is being hammered by four armed blue skinned wannabes, I'm going to move up there to assist the 1st SF and yadda yadda yadda.
In the game thread you got the wrong fleet in your post (2nd LSF instead of 1st UGCR).
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Ah, the joys of copy and paste errors. :p
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I feel like I should probably give you all fair warning that the Hierarchy is going to be activately aiming to kill off your fleets starting next turn.
Better start writing those last wills.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

I feel like I should probably give you all fair warning that the Hierarchy is going to be activately aiming to kill off your fleets starting next turn.
Do we have any sort of protection? Can 100% fleets die?

Now might be a good time to tell us how the fleet restoration works.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I think they've made decent attempts so far.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The Hertak are coming? You will soon die. Make whatever rituals are necessary for your species.

Spoon, if you don't mind me asking. What exactly inspired you to make the game?

And would you mind ripoffs derivatives based on this? :nervous:

Offline Flak

SOMEBODY SET US UP THE BOMB! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think they've made decent attempts so far.

Well, the 1st Hertak + 3rd Nordera + 1st Fura'ngle could have annihilated one of the 1st DD / 1st CRF / 3rd SF last turn if they had wanted to...

edit: Gah - the 1st Hertak + 1st 1st Fura'ngle could have done it by themselves  :shaking:  (eliminated all capships, if not all fighters, maybe the Admiral could get away in a Caliburn or something)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:52:41 pm by niffiwan »
----
----

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The Hertak are coming? You will soon die. Make whatever rituals are necessary for your species.

Spoon, if you don't mind me asking. What exactly inspired you to make the game?

And would you mind ripoffs derivatives based on this? :nervous:
Nothing in particular inspired me, I've been playing with this idea in my mind for some time now. But I either didnt had the audience or I couldnt get the mechanics right.
And go ahead and rip this off to your hearts contend.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Second turn video up at last: http://youtu.be/6IJ8v-wia-4
Urutorahappī!!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
very cool, I especially liked the 1st person POV in the 3rd section :) :yes:
----
----

Offline Lorric

Second turn video up at last: http://youtu.be/6IJ8v-wia-4
Hmmm, so what was the hold up, was it more trouble with the Rhino? Badass ship by the way, so much firepower, it crushed that mothership. I wonder how it does against fighters, is it primarily an anti-capship ship?

Anyway, congratulations on getting it out at last and displaying the power of the Rhino. Looking forward to the next one! :cool:

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Awesome vids Spoon, I'm following this thread for the bling bling :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Nice.
So uh...which ship is the Rhino (I presume it is mod. Baikal).
If so, I understand the troubles getting it to work - they're mostly my (and PCS2's) fault, something about zero-radius subsystems and the missile launchers that don't like to cooperate. (and me being too much of an utter failure to discover and fix it)

Also,

Requesting formal naming of my admiral "Freyalis Elsperth Almereya" (you have no idea how long I took to keyboard-roll out a space-elfy name!)
Requesting formal renaming of my flagship from the current placeholder to Ataraxia.

:nervous:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================