Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 164716 times)

Offline Flak

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
What I suspect.

BAD:
- Thank you admiral, for so thoroughly and brutally dispatching my enemies, but now I'm afraid, you have outlived your usefulness.
- Ask for payment, etc
- ???

GOOD:
- 4th Gen Fighters instantly
- Fleet become 150%
- Promotion
- The Admiral becomes Steele
- Get a new fleet
- ???

Offline Lorric

Hooboy.  Recommend the 3rd DD rendezvous with a prepared barrage?  :lol:
Hopefully this can be settled with a meeting of minds. Enioch should be able to handle this brash young upstart no problem.

Perhaps the Commodore can be recruited as an ally.

"Operation Ragnarok", talk about pretentious! :lol:

I'd almost like to keep this guy around just to see what name he'd give to a "real" engagement! :D

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer

I'd almost like to keep this guy around just to see what name he'd give to a "real" engagement! :D

Operation: AAAARGHOHMYGODHELPHELPHEEEEEELPTHEY'RESHOOTINGATMEGETMEOUTOFHERE!

Seriously, I'm going there. In character, I cannot ignore a summons from a Delest family member and hope to retain my position. Out of character, that fleet looks tasty tasty. If I play my cards right, I guess I could earn some gratitude from this upstart popinjay. I'm hoping for a 150% fleet, or a promotion but will be satisfied with any bonus, really.

Barrage is prepared, of course.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:19:44 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

Operation: AAAARGHOHMYGODHELPHELPHEEEEEELPTHEY'RESHOOTINGATMEGETMEOUTOFHERE!
Ha ha ha ha ha! :D :yes:

Maybe you can take the quote in Jellyfish's sig and use it here if you meet this guy:

"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Modified:

"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this fleet, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this fleet, I can change history. With me, this fleet can shape the universe."

:nod:

Offline Enioch

Spoon, if my roleplaying would affect the outcome of this Random EventTM, I'm thinking we should roleplay the meeting of the two admirals. Maybe a series of PM exchanges, which will be joined into a single post in the RP thread?

Oh, and what is the buffoon's actual rank? Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral etc?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:30:21 am by Enioch »

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Ten bucks say he's not even military, just a spoiled prince with a big name. I'm half tempted to go there myself and overwatch to ensure that whatever happens, happens smoothly, but I'm way too far.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Spoon, if my roleplaying would affect the outcome of this Random EventTM, I'm thinking we should roleplay the meeting of the two admirals. Maybe a series of PM exchanges, which will be joined into a single post in the RP thread?

Oh, and what is the buffoon's actual rank? Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral etc?
Yeah I was thinking of something along those lines. PM's or a seperate thread so everyone can see it unfold. Your call.
His rank is High Fleet Admiral, because those are the joys bestowed on a Delest family member.

The United Guilds of Commerce have done the calculations and have determined that the higher payroll would be well offset by the positive propaganda. And thus decided to bestow the rank of Vice admiral on Andrew Bradwater and Yuen Ah Luc. Let me know what trait you guys want.

There are also whispers in the halls of the CRF HQ about a upcoming series of promotions for the brave CRF admirals on the frontlines. Be sure to keep your ears open for the rumours.

And in news for Sol Force, the Kaze II, Ray IV and Clarents are starting to roll off the production lines in large numbers. You guys can expect these to arrive at the frontlines soon.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Enioch

Hm. PMs, I think. I'm not sure I'd like everybody else to be shouting suggestions at me during what is supposed to be a private meeting. Should we do it now, or after the turn?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Pm's it shall be, after the turn.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Okay I get promoted, I choose Glorious Bastard Aggressive Leader.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Since, if I recall, only three allied fleets can be in one system at the same time, I have changed the orders to go to Virgo.

Offline Lorric

Since, if I recall, only three allied fleets can be in one system at the same time, I have changed the orders to go to Virgo.

There will only be three fleets. You, me and DJ. You don't need to go to Virgo.

Fleet: 1st CSA
First Action: Major, Defend
Second Action: Minor, -op do-nothing

Why don't you want to kill the Nordera :confused:

EDIT: Also, staying in Hydra will block someone else from coming in.

The 2nd LSF is already there and will hopefully perform a double Resupply, and two other fleets are coming:

Fleet: 2nd DD
First action: Major, Resupply
Second action: Minor, Travel to Hydra
Fleet: 3rd SF
First Action - Minor - Travel to Hydra
Second Action - Major - Defend
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:47:49 pm by Lorric »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
My smartphone can't zoom in on the map for some reason, I'm afraid I'm out till sunday evening. Will probably give orders on monday.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent

True. Missed the UGCR's orders going to Crux. Changing mine (and hope Spoon isn't very confused)

Offline Lorric

My smartphone can't zoom in on the map for some reason, I'm afraid I'm out till sunday evening. Will probably give orders on monday.
NO! :D

The deadline is Sunday. Please trust me and perform a double Resupply. You got hit by the Nordera's suicide attack and took 60% capital ship damage, but the system is now friendly because the Nordera are gone, so you can double Resupply.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:34:39 pm by Lorric »

Any idea where the 1st LSF is needed?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lorric

Any idea where the 1st LSF is needed?
Hi. For you I think you should double Resupply:

1st LSF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 14 (19+5+1)
- Capital attack strength: 7 (14+1)
- Fighters at 40% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 46% Strength
- Morale: High
- Combined Arms on Cooldown, Available again on Turn 8

Then, next turn, your position in Virgo will be excellent for deciding which front you should head to.

EDIT: You'll also be in a position to... "interject" into that meeting in Aquarius if necessary... :)

True. Missed the UGCR's orders going to Crux. Changing mine (and hope Spoon isn't very confused)

Almost forgot you. Thanks. Don't worry about Spoon though, it's easy for him. He doesn't need to pay any attention to that until the deadline hits and the orders become final.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:55:56 pm by Lorric »

NO! :D

The deadline is Sunday. Please trust me and perform a double Resupply. You got hit by the Nordera's suicide attack and took 60% capital ship damage, but the system is now friendly because the Nordera are gone, so you can double Resupply.
He can post his turn on monday (first read, then think, then post :p):
Next turn: Sunday 29-09
Order deadline: Wednesday: 25-09

If the space elves want to stay in Hydra I'll move to Tamy and get ready to have some fun elsewhere like Vega (or support a fellow DD Admiral in Aquarius *was just passing by*).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:59:16 pm by Admiral MS »
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Lorric

He can post his turn on monday (first read, then think, then post :p):
Next turn: Sunday 29-09
Order deadline: Wednesday: 25-09
Thank you. I mixed them up somehow. Probably because I didn't expect it to be so long to the next turn.

I thought it was deadline this Sunday, turn this Wednesday. :)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Okay I get promoted, I choose Glorious Bastard Aggressive Leader.

Woohoo!  And "Master in Logistics" for me, efficiency is the motto of the UGCR (and I love not needing missiles in the supply line :))

Edit: I was wondering, there seem to be a number of fleets resupplying near or on the front lines.  What are the exact triggers for the "extra damage if attacked while resupplying" condition?

Quote from: from post 1
Resupply: Can only be done in a friendly system with an open supply route, resupplying will replenish 30% of the fleet's strength and raise the morale back to the fleet's base stat if it was lower than that. Take care not to get attacked while resupplying, its bad for morale and your fleet will take extra damage. Resupplying takes 10 resouces from the global resource pool.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:58:53 pm by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...