Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 164684 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Do you think it's for the best? I'll switch my orders if you do. Two fleets in Algol and the system secured will make it more likely the Hierarchy will come. But it's risky.

Yeah, I think it's worth it.  As I said earlier, I'd prefer the Hierarchy to attack us instead of attacking the 4th CRF.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

Do you think it's for the best? I'll switch my orders if you do. Two fleets in Algol and the system secured will make it more likely the Hierarchy will come. But it's risky.

Yeah, I think it's worth it.  As I said earlier, I'd prefer the Hierarchy to attack us instead of attacking the 4th CRF.
It is done.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So, uh, I'm pretty clueless as to what I want to do. What do you guys think? :nervous:
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth

It is done.

Well, thanks.  :)

Any idea on what I should do? I haven't really been following the details of the situation.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

So, uh, I'm pretty clueless as to what I want to do. What do you guys think? :nervous:
Attack the 5th Cordi then travel to Aldebaran please.

It is done.

Well, thanks.  :)

Any idea on what I should do? I haven't really been following the details of the situation.

You have kind of drawn the short straw. The two fleets in your system have gone off to fight the Hertak and someone is required to stay behind. So that is you.

Offline Veers

I can change if you would prefer to have a fist fight with the Doom Stack. I'm happy either way. :)

Fleet 1st CRF
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I don't know if the fleet that stays in Draco is any safer than anyone else.  From my calcs, the Hierarchy have the following to hit us with next turn:

1st Fura + Flag Hertak ~91 capital
4th Nordera ~16 capital
2nd Fura + 3rd Hertak ~67 capital

The 1st Fura + Flag Hertak can (if they choose to) destroy any one of the fleets attacking destroying the 2nd Hertak (except the 3rd SF who are retreating).

The other 3 could combine to do ~83 capital, which would destroy the 4th CRF *if* they attacked the 4th Nordera this turn.  If the 1st CRF stayed behind, then I think they would *just* survive (2% left!) attacking the 4th Nordera and being counter-attacked by them + 2nd Fura + 3rd Hertak.  This obviously assumes that the 2nd Fura + 3rd Hertak go after Draco and ignore Algol, which I'm really hoping they don't.

Anyway, short story is that I think the fleet that remains in Draco should not attack this turn, it'll give you a better chance of surviving the counter-attack.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Well, if niffiwan's calculations are correct, then I'll take you up on your offer, Veers. Thanks!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

I'm looking at that Hertak Flagship Fleet.

Some curiosities. It gets a +5 bonus added to capship strength. It also hasn't lost any power according to the end strength. If it worked the normal way, it would have dropped 1 capship strength and 2 fighter strength but it hasn't. It should be dropping 1 fighter strength per 8% damage and 1 capship strength per just over 14.25% damage.

Offline Lorric

Spoon, did you forget to put niffiwan and AndrewofDoom's promotion bonuses under their fleets? I notice you didn't apply AndrewofDoom's Aggressive Leader bonus, though we had no need of it.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether the bonuses were supposed to kick in this turn or not, I just know Enioch's bonuses are listed under his fleet, while the UGCR Fleets are not listed.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:58:00 am by Lorric »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm looking at that Hertak Flagship Fleet.

Some curiosities. It gets a +5 bonus added to capship strength. It also hasn't lost any power according to the end strength. If it worked the normal way, it would have dropped 1 capship strength and 2 fighter strength but it hasn't. It should be dropping 1 fighter strength per 8% damage and 1 capship strength per just over 14.25% damage.

I'd expect it to start "acting normally" when it drops past 150%.
----
----

Offline Veers

No problem Lepanto, adjusting my orders now

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I also had a question about the 4th CRF stats in the summary.

Code: [Select]
4th CRF Fleet:
 - Fighter attack strength: 19 (16+2+1)
 - Capital attack strength: 17 (17+1)
 - Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
 - Capital ships at 95% Strength
 - Morale: Very High
 - Zeal on Cooldown, Available again on turn 11

If their morale is very high, should they be 20 (16+2+2) and 18 (17+2)?
----
----

Offline Veers

We could potentially lose a few fleets here, and if the Nordera use their special. I'll suffer an additional 60% damage. Hmmm

Fun times

Edit: Perhaps if Spardason wishes it, I could ditch Draco and attack a Zy Fleet this turn. Instead of him just showing up in the system. And then can attack next turn.

That however, leaves Draco to the enemy. But they can retreat through it anyway as it is contested.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Non-contested system = system they can resupply in. Beyond that, allowing Draco to go hostile won't hurt us that much. Will that matter (i.e. do we mind?).
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I don't think it really matters if we leave Draco to the enemy.  If we do then I'd recommend that we still take Algol this turn.  i.e. still give the 2nd Fura & 3rd Hertak a reason not to attack the not-killed-by-the-doom-stack allied fleet in Hydra.
----
----

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
BTW, I improved the spreadsheet. Now it can handle up to three fleets attacking a target and automatically calculates the damage dispersal and the final stats of all the fleets participating in combat. Take it out for a spin and let me know if it works for you.

Spoon, a gift from me to you, to make your life easier.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Well then. I'll send the Hertak my regards at ramming speed, and stay behind if I'm able to. If they want my flagship so badly, they can pry it from my cold, dead hands. :p

Offline Flak

Well, I think just like the others, one of your bridge officers is going to hit you in the back of your head with a wrench and stuff you into a lifepod.

Offline Veers

So can I attack into Vega instead of having Andrew jump twice there?, at least I can contribute to an attack this turn and still provide a fleet in that area.

If the Zy want to retreat through Draco, they can regardless of if I remain there or not. And I'd prefer to attack rather than do nothing to assist.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3