Author Topic: How to uninstall campaigns?  (Read 625 times)

Offline rbl

How to uninstall campaigns?
Hi! So, when I complete some mod, for example fsport how do I uninstall that mod? How do I uninstall mediavps or any of the installed mods to make more space for other mods?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: How to uninstall campaigns?
If you are using Knossos, there is an Uninstall option in the mod page.  Alternatively, you can delete the mod folder from your disk.

Offline rbl

Thanks for getting back to me! No, I'm using FSO installer. I don't want to break any dependency, is there a more proper way to uninstall? For example I completed the great war and now want to download other campaigns, there's like a dozen of them in the list, but my free space (on the hard disk not Free Space the game) is small to begin with that's why I'm asking.

Is it safe for me to delete these 3 then? :

fsport-mediavps_46x
fsport
fsport-str

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ah I see.  It's safe to delete any of those, but what you may find is that FSO Installer automatically redownloads them.  To avoid this, find fsoinstaller.properties in your home folder and delete the lines of the mods you don't want.

Offline rbl

There is no such file. I'm using FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.exe which I placed on my desktop and in game's folder there isn't any such file. I'm also using yal_launcher.exe to choose and launch mod and that launcher has launcher6.ini file inside game's folder.

I actually broke dependency by deleting those as it appears Silent Threat is using media files. Never mind, I'll download it again. I wanted to play ST next.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 06:10:22 am by rbl »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not the game folder, your home folder.  On Windows this is usually C:\Users\[username].  On Linux it's the ~ folder.

I'm a little confused at your situation because if you deleted both fsport and fsport-str, there shouldn't be a Silent Threat campaign available to play.

Offline rbl

Sorry for the delay, I didn't have free time until now. Yes, you're right, the file is there in my user folder and yes you were right it removed the campaign, but I installed it again so it's there now. Thanks for all your help, I think I understand it now!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome!