Author Topic: 'Slender' Do YOU have the minerals to play this?  (Read 2974 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
'Slender' Do YOU have the minerals to play this?
I was on youtube and stumbled on some gameplay footage of this insidious and chair ruining game. Which of you have the minerals to play this? Because I freely admit that I don't.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: 'Slender' Do YOU have the minerals to play this?
Amnesia Lite?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Blair witch meets lovecraftian horrors... intriguing.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Ironically, horrors that use the 'horror' least are usually the most scary...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
After clicking the article and following some links, I ended up watching the Marble Hornets episodes: http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets

... I will not sleep tonight.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
After clicking the article and following some links, I ended up watching the Marble Hornets episodes: http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets

... I will not sleep tonight.

DAMN IT FISHGUTS!

I saw the first episode and now I can't stop.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
MarbleHornets has kind of went to **** lately IMO.

Of course I haven't watched the very latest, maybe I'll give it another go.

Game is freaking me out though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:18:05 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ironically, horrors that use the 'horror' least are usually the most scary...

yeah, kinda: I'll hit you, but I will not tell you when it's coming!

Just looking at the vid gave me the creeps, I don't know If I'll be able to sleep tonight.
el hombre vicio...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Mirrors on gameupdates.org, in case you have a hard time finding one:

Slender Man 0.9.1 for Windows

Slender Man 0.9.1 for Mac[url]

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Amnesia Lite?
More like Amnesia "right". Death is final, there is actually pressure to keep moving (weak battery, and getting weaker over time), and a very disorienting and oppressive environment.

Slender feels like a nightmare; comparisons to nightmares are made easily nowadays, but this game really pulls it off. The "music" such as it is slowly wears away at your fortitude like the gears of madness (compare to the soundtrack of Quake 1- demonically delectable). I knew I was in real trouble when the flashlight started getting weaker. How much longer did I have? Out of morbid curiosity, and a little fear at losing my only companion, I turned off the light for a bit, perhaps to see if it would recover. After all, if I'm to try and navigate this oppressive gloom forest, I want as much vision as possible. Alas, no power was returned, and I only had a few pages. I thought I noticed something odd when the light was off earlier, so I switched off the light again...
Spoiler:
...and in light of my rapidly decreasing power, I was almost relieved to be finally apprehended by my eldritch pursuer. Never you mind my hammering heart.  :eek:

Has anybody actually managed to win yet? My only complaint is that actually gathering all the pages will probably require quite a bit of metagaming (aka multiple tries). I'm less concerned about the scariness than the patience required.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Apparently the pages are randomly shuffled around a huge bunch of set points, so there they can be at different locations each time.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
**** fps games that dont let you invert your mouse!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Invert_Y-Axis#Invert_Y-Axis_On_Mouse

Bam!  Three different programs for you to use.  I love you too. :P   EDIT: Only the first two are free; but that's ok, they seem to be the best ones from a quick glance. ;)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
also **** game devs for forcing us to use 3rd party applications to hack the controls because they suck. should also point out that none of them utilities worked in the game.

yea i know ive been a little harsh on indie game devs (even in commercial games sometimes) because the controls sucked/were implemented in a draconian fashion/spit in the face of convention. its a major pet peeve of mine because decent and configurable input code is very easy to write.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:57:39 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm all for an inverted Y-axis on the mouse for anything related to flight, but doing it for a straight-up FPS seems...weird.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
its a matter of preference. im so used to pulling up i cant do otherwise without causing my self some degree of brain damage. in freelancer it was kind of tolerable because the ship just kinda chased the cursor, it wasnt hard linked to any set of camera gimbals. 2d games its the same, a mouse is a good analog for a cursor position on the screen. but i do not view the crosshair in an fps as a cursor, it is mearely an indication of the gun vector along the z axis. the camera in an fps game is really a set of gimbals, a 360 degree yaw angle and a 180 (usually) degree pitch angle, usually represented in code by a couple quaternions usually fed directly into the graphics api with zero character physics. when you pull back on a joystick the gimbal motion represents the expected aircraft motion. your'e rotating on the same axis in the same direction. and this feels natural for me even when using a mouse.

most games accomplish mouse inversion by allowing sensitivity to be negative or having an inversion multiplier of -1 on the output. this output is then fed additively into the angle value for the quaternion representing the yaw axis. the feature is so trivial to implement, the very first iteration of my mouse script had it (as does the current implementation that everyone seems to use) both of my prototype game engines can do it. really theres no excuse. its been a standard feature in fps games since quake (and some doom source ports). the trend for draconian control implementations needs to be shot down, i dont want to live in a world where one control layout fits all or where everyone has to use the same game pad, as it were.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:24:08 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
For something similar you can try SCP Containment Breach

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Well this is nice, st------------ RUNAWAY!!

eid-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4MXYC_jX2Wc

Well now i have the stones :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:35:09 am by Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png