Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

RELEASE: Knossos.NET v1.0.0: Making a multiplatform C# launcher with AvaloniaUI

<< < (2/6) > >>

Grizzly:
oh wow, I wasn't expecting this to just seamlessly take over all my knossos settings, but it does! Does this mean I can just use the client interchange-ably with the other one(s)?

mjn.mixael:
If I may... small UI suggestion. The borders being a status indicator is a good idea. The borders are very noticeable; they tend to overpower the overall design and the green can clash with mod icons. Since that's the most common border (the ideal border, even), I think it should be neutralized. Grey should mean OK. Grey can be thought of as "no border" because it's not really noticeable. So no border/grey means no action needs to be taken.

Blue means it needs an update. Red means it needs intervention to fix dependencies. Those will stand out better once all the green is gone, too. Then do something like purple for mods in dev mode.

EDIT: quick mock-up to show what I mean about visibility.

ShivanSpS:

--- Quote from: Grizzly on March 19, 2023, 04:57:03 pm ---oh wow, I wasn't expecting this to just seamlessly take over all my knossos settings, but it does! Does this mean I can just use the client interchange-ably with the other one(s)?

--- End quote ---
Well, tbh it is only reading the location of your knossos lib, thats it. And yeah the intention is to be a drop in replacement, so both should work.
But not with 0.0.2, due to a oversight on my part with json encoding, i saw that knossos was using UTF-8 so i set UTF-8 for file writting, but in net 6 UTF-8 uses UTF-8-BOM by default i did not know that it was so diferent that the old Knossos fail to read those files, so any mod installed or modified with 0.0.2 will not be visible on the old Knossos, unless you open the mod.json with notepad++ and change the coding to UTF-8 without BOM.

This will be fixed for 0.0.3.

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on March 19, 2023, 06:21:14 pm ---If I may... small UI suggestion. The borders being a status indicator is a good idea. The borders are very noticeable; they tend to overpower the overall design and the green can clash with mod icons. Since that's the most common border (the ideal border, even), I think it should be neutralized. Grey should mean OK. Grey can be thought of as "no border" because it's not really noticeable. So no border/grey means no action needs to be taken.

Blue means it needs an update. Red means it needs intervention to fix dependencies. Those will stand out better once all the green is gone, too. Then do something like purple for mods in dev mode.

EDIT: quick mock-up to show what I mean about visibility.

--- End quote ---

Something like this?

i dont like the purple borders, maybe black borders there?

mmmmm, maybe invert?

I think i like that last one, opinions?

wookieejedi:
That last one looks the best IMO. It really highlights which mods have updates or errors and keeps the majority of the mods looking good without distracting borders.

mjn.mixael:
:yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version