Author Topic: Earth Brakiri War feedback  (Read 33531 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Earth Brakiri War feedback
Confirmed that there is a model bug with the beams.  The collision boxes are reversed.  So in order to hit the left beam you would have to shoot the right.  I checked the original and it was the same way.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Confirmed that there is a model bug with the beams.  The collision boxes are reversed.  So in order to hit the left beam you would have to shoot the right.  I checked the original and it was the same way.

Yeah but the boxes themselves aren't where the beams are. I target the turret and it the box is drawn on the main hull even though the beam itself is on the wing tip.

EDIT - btw is it jsut me or does anyone else find themselves hitting "Q" all the time while they play TBP. Even though Q is completely useless.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:50:59 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
The hitbox being on the opposite beam probably makes it draw the target that way

If you think that hitting q is bad wait until you go back to FS2 and keep trying to fly backwards.  At least q doesn't get you killed.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

The hitbox being on the opposite beam probably makes it draw the target that way

If you think that hitting q is bad wait until you go back to FS2 and keep trying to fly backwards.  At least q doesn't get you killed.

Fly backwards? I just fly normally in TBP. I think my fighters have some fancy thrusters but I never bother using them.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Fly backwards? I just fly normally in TBP. I think my fighters have some fancy thrusters but I never bother using them.

You are silly.

You are silly.

Doesn't matter how I fly, the dumb pulse weapons mounted on most of the ships can't hit me worth a damn anyway.
You'd think someone would fix that sometime.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

You are silly.

Doesn't matter how I fly, the dumb pulse weapons mounted on most of the ships can't hit me worth a damn anyway.

Well turn it up to Insane and give it a go.

You are silly.

Does their accuracy actually improve on insane? Because seriously I can fly straight at a ship, like the Tashkat, have it fire 20 or so pulses at me from four guns, and not hit me once. It's pretty sad. In fact it only hits me if I'm actually trying to jink.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

You are silly.

Does their accuracy actually improve on insane? Because seriously I can fly straight at a ship, like the Tashkat, have it fire 20 or so pulses at me from four guns, and not hit me once. It's pretty sad. In fact it only hits me if I'm actually trying to jink.

I'm not too familiar with TBP in specific, but yes AI accuracy does improve on Insane. Although yeah I do recall the Brakiri pulse weapons kind of sucking.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well if your talking the rapid fire non-beam weapons then there is also a problem with them.  They used $swarm to produce the effect so they either don't fire as often as they should or the shots go through things.  Not sure which but it's hitting a limit.  Plans are in the works to either fix that in Zathras 2 or wait until 3.6.12 which should have that swarm limit increased.    Probably a combination of the 2.

Turning it up to insane will make them more accurate though but the down side is they will fire more often resulting in the limit getting hit faster.  

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
On insane, the AI will hit you, unless you spend a whole lot of time strafing/evading. Not using glide (which is really the only advantage a player has in TBP) is a really bad idea.

That being said, most TBP ships are more difficult to hit than FS2 ships....

And can we stop chain quoting? Geez...
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Well if your talking the rapid fire non-beam weapons then there is also a problem with them.  They used $swarm to produce the effect so they either don't fire as often as they should or the shots go through things.  Not sure which but it's hitting a limit.  Plans are in the works to either fix that in Zathras 2 or wait until 3.6.12 which should have that swarm limit increased.    

What limits? When some of these ships fire there's not a lot of projectiles on the board. I mean even the Centauri guns don't hit me worth a damn. Occasionally, they'll peg you. But if I die in a TBP it's from fighters for the most part not ships.

And yeah TBP ships are harder to hit. Especially that damn Sentri. Wow it's a pain.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Swarm missile limits.  $Swarm was originally used only for swarm missiles but was changed to allow primaries to do those 4 & 6 shot bursts you see in TBP.  Well the limit is 50 so once you hit that things don't work as intended.  Not hard at all to hit it with a couple of caps.  3.6.11 supports a burst fire for primaries that fires x number of rounds but doesn't use $swarm or have a limit.  So it's the same effect without the problems. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
After several hours of beating my head against the wall the Tashkat is now fixed.  It will be in the next Zathras. 

Offline ttw2

non linear means the earth can be rescued`?
i m playing this campaign a second time and everything is the same

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I am pretty sure either Earth is conqured by the Brakiri or the Shadows attack.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Awesome campaign, great missions and voice-acting. Too new to spot anything on the technical side though. I dont recall spotting anything that made me think it's a bug, which in my opinion is good, cause with all the FMV and missions the brakiri campaign is a great way of showing new players what fs2 can do.

Another thing, I like the fact flak fire can't really hit fighters, makes more sense in capital ships needing fighter support to take out those nasty badgers  :) Up until now i read some of the posts in this thread i thought it was on purpose.
AN S&M VERSION OF STAR TREK: BEAT ME UP SCOTTY!

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
As many people have pointed out I stated this is a non-linear campaign.  Just prior to release i changed the good ending where you taken the Brakiri homeworld.  I did this in order to pave the way for the Earth Brakiri War 2, but all the other missions remain the unchanged. 
One playthrough will have you losing the war and you will be pushed back all the way to earth, the other playthrough has you fighting the brakiri to their homeworld in a variety of offensive and assassination missions. 

This way it added a lot more replay value, coupled with the randomness of the capships (most dont use waypoints) I found this good to add a little extra replay value making each mission always different everytime you played it. 

Initially the whoile campaign was very hard and all beta testers complained of the difficulty level, so the missions where made easier and most could be won by just staying away from the main battle. 

I wanted to keep the element of realism and to be honest if you where where thrust into a war like this you would be lucky to survive. 

If I get time I will post a walkthrough on each mission and a few cheats and surprises i put in EBW.

*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline wesp5

I know I am again very late to the party, but I just finished the good side of this great campaign using FS2 3.6.12r and Zathras 2.0 without any crashes or mission related bugs that I experienced and had to fix in MAGs Starfury pilot mission pack :)!

While the overall difficulty was okay, the fight for Altair surely was much too hard even on very easy, because MAG cheated by making the frigates too powerfull. More powerful than the same frigates in all other missions and even more powerful than the cruisers which makes little sense. Using such measures is inkonsistent and unfair, according to Norbert the same is true for the last mission and both issues should be fixed. I also agree that the last twenty minutes of the last mission should be improved, because I would have died from boredom if it hadn't been for the time acceleration ;). I'm with Damocles too that spawning of fighters without caps ships should be avoided and previous damage reflected in enemy ships.

Last not least FUBAR is absolutely right that the video files shouldn't have ended up in the main directory but in the EBW vp. So as MAG wrote the following when I asked for permission to create my patch for his Starfury Pilot mission pack: "It will be fine to update the star fury pilot mission pack and the earth brakiri war if you can spare the time.", wouldn't one of you that is more used to the whole vp concept be able to fix these issues for the upcoming DVD 2.0 release? I don't know if I already have enough knowledge right now to pull this off for a huge campaign. My patch for his Starfury Pilot pack was more trial and error than anything ;)...

Offline wesp5

Update: Surprisingly I managed to save the Altair station today by doing less than before and mainly only sending the other fighters against specific Brakiri capitol ships. The station survived, but still one main objective failed. What was this supposed to be? I don't think the evacuation shuttles appeared at all. Also the sandbox way of the campaign makes it impossible to play the missions you never got in the mission simulator...