Author Topic: On the destruction of a multitude  (Read 9888 times)

Offline Aadarsh

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
On the destruction of a multitude
****, I feel like I need to pay my respects or something.  It's no secret that I can't stand the Vasudans, but still... nobody deserves to have their home planet desolated like that.  Four billion, I can't even picture that number.  Rest in peace, you treacherous bastards.

I guess the one good thing that came out of that whole snafu -- actually, two good things.  The first good thing is that it's a hell of a lot easier to get a date now that everyone's convinced the end of the world is just around the corner.  The second good thing is that the GTI didn't come out of it smelling like a rose like it usually does.  Everybody got kicked in the balls this week, including them.  I doubt it'll put a dent in their long-term plans, though -- you can't fix a rotten root by chopping off a branch.

It's true what they say; the greatest threat to security comes from within.  That guy I snagged the blueprints from (no, I'm not giving out his name, at least not yet) is careless enough that I've been able to pick up a few interesting tidbits of information, and from there do some extrapolating.

The Phoenix program is a lot bigger than everyone thinks it is.  It takes up something like 40% of the total budget allocated to the GTI, and counts a number of high-ranking officers on its payroll, the absent-minded commodore being one of them.  One of the more interesting names is Marcus Glaive, the guy rumored to become the next head of the R&D fleet after Orlov bit the dust.  And there are a number of noteworthy projects under its umbrella.  I don't want to show my cards just yet, but two words you should keep in mind are Hades and Eumenides.

It's frustrating being this vague; I'd like nothing better than to say, "Contractor X lobbies for political favor Y in return for placement on project Z" but we're too compartmentalized for that.  If I were to provide specifics (and I certainly could), and if the GTI were listening, they'd be able to track me down pretty quickly.  You'll just have to bear with me while I dig stuff up.

Offline MikeRoz

Re: On the destruction of a multitude
Interesting, our friend Isaac is a Commodore?

Edit: Interesting - Eumenides is another name for Erinyes.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:09:37 pm by MikeRoz »
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I remember "Project Eumenides" being mentioned at some point in Silent Threat, but I don't remember if there was any context given.  I doubt it would have involved the actual Erinyes fighter, since 30-some years is a ridiculous amount of time for something like that to go from initial development to final utilization.

I keep forgetting to check the Holonet, too.  That news feed is getting updated fast and furious.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:04:12 pm by Mongoose »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think project Eumenides was the thing the Ratna was working on, but I don't remember.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yup.  If you complete the mission properly, you manage to save it from the aftermath of a Shivan offensive.  No real word on what those weapons prototypes it was working on are, though.

Offline Nuclear1

Might have something to do with the Hades' Shivan weapon systems.

Or it was another plothole V never filled in the original and was something entirely different.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
AFAIK ST:R attempts to fill as many ST plotholes :v: left as possible

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Most likely to be a plot hole :v: left un plugged.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Beam weapons, anyone?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You never know, but trying to prototype them on a Faustus doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  You'd think they'd need a lot more reactor power than that ship could provide, unless it was a special souped-up version.

Offline Vip

Perhaps the beams weren't installed on the Faustus and were only carried by it, or it was a small-scale/low-power version to test the very principles of the weapon. Or perhaps the Faustus carried a very early prototype of the UD-8 Kayser ? :)
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline Terminator

• Just another guy...
Perhaps Isaac Stone, Marcus Glaive, and Orlov are possible login names to the restricted area of the holonet?

If anyone tries them, perhaps it would help to consider that common office practice is to use a naming convention such as istone or mglaive for a login.

Offline Nuclear1

Well, the email system apparently tends to prefer: [email protected]

So the options would be: [email protected], [email protected], etc.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline MikeRoz

Perhaps Isaac Stone, Marcus Glaive, and Orlov are possible login names to the restricted area of the holonet?

If anyone tries them, perhaps it would help to consider that common office practice is to use a naming convention such as istone or mglaive for a login.
Have tried many of these, with variations on "God of Ohio State", "Hades", and "Eumendies" as the passwords.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
How heavily are we gonna facepalm when the password turns out to be something painfully obvious?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, you could ask Lobo for the facepalm collage... :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Or you could ask Goob for the password :nervous:

*tries phoenix
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Vip

Hmmm, I kinda wonder. Is there any clue hidden in this post ? It gives us some interesting insight of the GTI and probably points to the fact that Project Eumenides will play a bigger role in the new ST, however, is that it ? No hidden clues, passwords, images that are archives ? All I can see is a suspicious title - the multitude bit got my attention, but no idea how it relates to anything here.

Besides, it's Saturday. Isn't it time for another post ?
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
He's probably editing it in Word to get it right before he posts
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't think that every post has to necessarily be a component of a puzzle.  A lot of this whole thing has to do with scene-setting, establishing Aadarsh as a member of the GTI who's reacting to what happens around him.  Timeline-wise, we're just at the destruction of Vasuda Prime, which is more than a year away from where the campaign proper will start.  We still have a long ways to go, and I'm guessing there's plenty more information we have yet to discover.