Author Topic: Weird date............relevant?  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Weird date............relevant?
Quote from: Aadarsh link=topic=57835.msg1166751#msg1166751 date=-1359094657
Bad news.  In the past couple of days, the 1st Fleet detected and neutralized several dozen Shivan scouting patrols in the Sol system.  Nothing more than fighters at the moment, but today the SD Lucifer reappeared on sensors for the first time in weeks.  Guess where we think it's heading.  If you've got any family or friends on Earth, try to discreetly convince them to take an off-planet vacation for a week or so.

Here's the good news.  We've been able to translate those Ancient records -- or enough to get the information we need, anyway -- and it looks like we might actually be able to beat the Lucifer.  The only question is whether we'll be able to do it before it reaches Earth; I have a sick feeling we may not be able to.

I don't hate the Vasudans anymore.  That doesn't mean I want to be all buddy-buddy with any of them, but I'm no longer out for revenge.  The desolation of their home planet more than paid for all of the atrocities they committed during the T-V war; I have no desire to demand anything past that.

I am, however, pretty worried about whether we deserve the same thing.  Someone has to be pulling the strings up there; the discovery of those Ancient records was the single greatest instance of good timing in all of Terran history.  But if there is such a thing as karma, and if Vasudans have taken their medicine, then we're next in line.

Check the original topic quoted, it was posted back in they year of 1926........ Is this relevant to the task at hand?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuclear1

Re: Weird date............relevant?
Yeah, we were speculating on that in the Always One Step Behind thread.  Haven't seen any importance yet though.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Vip

This is still bothering me. Why 1926 ? And why even the months and days don't match our time ? That's most definitely not a coincidence, and I would guess that this is the thing that Goober mentioned as being unsolved.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline MikeRoz

My money is still on some kind of Unix ephoc overflow.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Ive looked up 1926 -

Some interesting event that year:
The British General Strike - during which martial law was declared
The May Coup in Poland
Hirohito is crowned emperor of Japan and the period of Japanese expansionism begins

Whether these events have any relevence, ive no idea

I can see no relevence in the number itself either
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline faxi

• Half a myriad of GUUBERs...
My money is still on some kind of Unix ephoc overflow.
Well, since Unix timestamps are signed integers (which I didn't know until reading up on this), they can have negative values after overflowing, meaning that they actually can (in a crude manner) represent dates in the year 1926. But if his posts are really from 2235, they would have had to overflow quite a few times.

Here are the dates together with the negative, overflowed timestamps that the forum uses (you can get these, when quoting one of Aadarsh's posts) and with the timestamps for the presumed post dates on Aadarsh's calendar (calculated with http://www.csgnetwork.com/time2unixdscalc.html)

10/10/26   17:07:28   Can anyone hear me                    -1364086352   11520810448     Jan     30 2335 (16 days before next post => news report that peace with Vasudans is because of Shivan attack)
26/10/26   18:54:58   Not as it appears                          -1362697502    11522199298     Feb.   15 2335 (4 days before next post, "uploaded on the 15th" => news talk about HoL as Rogue Vasucan faction)
30/10/26   18:18:24   Interesting Times                           -1362354096   11522542704    Feb.   19 2335 (6 days before next post)
05/11/26   02:34:55   Some more Highlights                  -1361892305    11523004495   Feb.   25 2335 (4 days before next post)
09/11/26   11:02:32   On the destruction of a Multidude -1361516248    11523380552  March 1 2335 (news about finished destruction Vasuda => 3 news entries: Vasuda destroyed; Bastion helps with evacuation; Shivan assault continues)
16/11/26   01:39:14   Always one Step behind                 -1360945246   11523951554  March 8 2335 (7 days after prev. post)
07/12/26   11:42:23   Analysis and speculation               -1359094657   11525802143  March 29 2335 (21  days after prev post)

Is there anyone who sees a pattern or who at least can confirm the correctness of these timestamps?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:23:31 pm by faxi »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Your unix time converter does not take into account integer overflow, but the nearest non-overflow number would be 3*(2^32)=12,884,901,888

as an example using the first post time:

11,520,810,448 - 12,884,901,888 = -1,364,091,440, which is close to -1,364,086,352.  Probably the only difference is timezone
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
After reading through all this, i'm guessing a Red Herring may have been dumped in our collective laps.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Possible. Wouldn't put it past Goob.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline CaptJosh

"I know! It was Redd Herring!"
"I've told you a hundred times, Jones. I didn't do it!"

:D  :lol:
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh lord...other people have sat through that show? :lol:

Offline MikeRoz

I don't think the dates are so much a red herring as another layer of accuracy.

If someone from the 24th century were to somehow post on these boards, that's what the date would be set to. The forum software doesn't take into account the idea that someone is overflowing their date int.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Y2K?

More like G5K.