Author Topic: Running out of time  (Read 17489 times)

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Phone number...what?

Somebody please tell me what the **** is going on. From the third post on that page downward I have no idea what's going on.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Nuclear1

Read the first post. The ten digit number Aardash provided as a "node" is actually a phone number--if you live in the US, call it and you can hear some prerecorded messages about the earlier mentioned topics.

There is a password for the Holonet:
isaac.stone
Alpha Tucanae Delta Lupi

But it doesn't work on the web-based Holonet. When you call, provide the name, the password, and "Phi" when asked for the clearance level.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
No wonder it didn't make sense. I don't live in America. :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Has goober given his phone number out to the whole internet?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Has goober given his phone number out to the whole internet?

:wtf:

I thought he's in Britain...
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Nope, he's a yank

**Mars feels surge of patriotism

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I thought he's in Britain...

Its "Briton" if you are talking about someone from Britain
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Nuclear1

He's from northern Virginia, but I doubt that's his actual phone number.

Otherwise I would've drunk dialed Goob by now :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Which kinda effectively shuts us non-US people out, doesn't it?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Alas, if only Skype allowed for free international calling...

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Nuclear1

Not that it matters anyway.  The phone number's off now. :p

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Which kinda effectively shuts us non-US people out, doesn't it?
What I provided for download is essentially the entire experience...outside of the "I'm sorry, I cannot understand your response; please repeat input" phrases I got the first time when I didn't have the password in front of me.  You're not exactly missing much by not having those. :p

(Sorry for the delay in getting it transcribed; I'm hoping to get to that tonight.)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And without further ado, here is that transcription.  I've separated it out into the three individual messages and the accompanying voice interface.

Preliminary connection and input:

"Welcome to the Galactic Terran Intelligence Phoenix online network.  Please stand before your camera for security identification.  If you are calling from an audio-only terminal, please hold for further instructions."

"Unable to establish a video connection.  Please state your full name and rank."

*Isaac Stone, Commodore*

"Please state your classification level."

*Phi*

"Please state your authorization code."

*Alpha Tucanae Delta Lupi*

"Access granted.  Welcome, Commodore.  Please be advised that this communications node has not been cleared for classified activity.  Certain options may be unavailable."

*Play messages.*

"Accessing now. You have three saved messages."

First message:

"First message.  This message was sent on Monday, April 1, 2335 at 0637 hours."

"Commodore Stone, this is Captain Larsen, GTSC Valhalla.  We are en route from the node, and if you haven’t already heard, our publicly-stated mission has failed.  With considerable effort, the Valhalla was able to enter the jump corridor, but couldn't brute force its way out the other side. We've heard back from Beta Aquilae and Deneb, and they couldn’t get through at all. There will be more on this in the coming weeks, but that's not why I'm calling.

"Our discovery has confirmed 1st Fleet's final transmissions, and our salvage crews have been working through the past 96 hours. We have deep scans and physical samples from the engine systems, but the jackpot is that the aft defenses were almost completely intact. We've recovered five pulse turrets, as well as a complete missile launcher battery.  Unfortunately, deploying salvage haulers was impossible due to the increasing instability of the corridor, but even though we weren’t able to accomplish your primary objective, I would consider the mission to be a complete success.

"I look forward to sharing our results with everyone after tomorrow's press conference."

Second message:

"Next message.  This message was sent on Thursday, April 4, 2335 at 0437 hours."

"Isaac, hi, it’s Frank.  Listen, about that bomber, I talked to Sam this morning, and she’s called in a few favors from VCI.  Here’s what you need to know.  We have it from a reliable source that there is no, repeat, no evidence, on or off the books, that this originated in the PVN.  It has no prototypes, no schematics, not even a napkin sketch.  I wish I could get you some more information, but the Hammer task force is shot to hell, and any capture ops have to go through so much red tape…

"I honestly don’t think there’s anything more we can do.  If you want, I can schedule a meeting with Rybak and try to push it through the system…if it were up to me, I’d just leave it to the Vasudans.

"Anyway, give my love to Rachael, and good luck on whatever it is you’re doing these days.  Call me back whenever you get the chance.  Bye."

Third message:

"Next message.  This message was sent on Thursday, April 4, 2335 at 1651 hours."

"Commodore, this is Captain Montgomery.  I wanted to give you a sitrep on the integration status.  The whole report’s in your inbox, but I thought I should give you an overview, so that this doesn’t get buried beneath all the other issues you’re working.

"There’s no good way to do this, but…we can’t accommodate the additional hardware requirements without exceeding the redline limits by at least 20%.  In fact, it was all we could do to bring that down from our initial estimates.  The project simply wasn’t designed to interface with this sort of technology, and we won’t be able to fix it without a lot more work.

"Let me just go down the list here.  Navigation is the worst offender.  We’ve been able to jury-rig a conversion interface, but that pile of junk needs more babysitting than a two-year-old on Zod dust.  We nearly caused a plasma cascade while running some tests this week.  I can’t predict how it’ll hold up under more stressful conditions.

"Engines are another problem.  We’ve installed the new cores and tested each engine individually, but we haven’t been able to bring the entire array online yet.  The reactor certainly has enough power, but the energy conduits won’t support running all five of the new cores simultaneously.  I’ve installed teams to install mini-reactors in the four outboard pods, but that’s going to put us further behind schedule.

"Well, you get the idea.  The report has all the gory details.  Suffice it to say that I’m gonna need a lot more support if I’m gonna get the thing working at all, let alone by the deadline.  You’ve heard me say this before: I would much rather reverse-engineer the systems we have, and build our own versions, rather than transplant them directly into the prototype.  I realize this isn’t the direction we’ve been ordered to take, but I strongly believe it’s the better long-term strategy.

"All right, I’ll see you at the meeting tomorrow."

Closing:

*Disconnect.*

"Thank you for using the Phoenix online network.  Goodbye."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:57:27 pm by Mongoose »

Offline Vip

Thanks Mongoose, both for the audio as well as for transcript. The first message is of little surprise - it explains whee did the GTI get Shivan technology. The third one hints to us why the Hades wasn't used in the GTI Rebellion - it was simply not ready. However, about the second message - a new bomber ? A new Vasudan bomber ? No plans, no schematics, no anything, but the GTI suspects it to be a Vasudan ship. Most interesting, I must say.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If I had to guess, I'd say that the second message regards a precursor to the Sekhmet.  It references an unknown craft that has no discernible origins in the PVN but is somehow related to the Hammer of Light, and we know from the FS2 tech room that the Sekhmet started its life as an HoL co-opting of the Shivan Nahema design.  It'd be a nice little tidbit to fill in some backstory.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
If I had to guess, I'd say that the second message regards a precursor to the Sekhmet.  It references an unknown craft that has no discernible origins in the PVN but is somehow related to the Hammer of Light, and we know from the FS2 tech room that the Sekhmet started its life as an HoL co-opting of the Shivan Nahema design.  It'd be a nice little tidbit to fill in some backstory.
I agree. It does fit the Sekhmet's description, but it wasn't rolled out during the Hades Rebellion, right?

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Vip

I agree. It does fit the Sekhmet's description, but it wasn't rolled out during the Hades Rebellion, right?

Well, who knows, perhaps it will appear in ST:R, given how rarely it is seen anywhere :D
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I read that 2nd message and immediatly thought Sekhmet. Hope that the Sekhmet inroduction is a ST:R Plotpoint.

No 3 makes me think that the new Hades model is based on that old Hades Mk II with 5 engine subsystems - one on the main body and one on each of the 4 engine pods
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
That would make it more constant with Freespace 2 ships.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Well, who knows, perhaps it will appear in ST:R, given how rarely it is seen anywhere :D
... Ugh. I'm absolutely not looking towards tangling with those things.