Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > Crysis 2: Battutamod

Game Engine Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zipper730:

--- Quote from: The E on September 23, 2019, 03:07:26 am ---It is perfectly fine if you want to do a first- or third person shooter or action game like Ryse. If you want to do anything else, you're going to end up fighting the engine all the way or contracting Crytek to basically make the game for you or both.
--- End quote ---
Could one use it to render "cut-scenes"?

Nightmare:
Dunno about Cutscenes in Crysis, but from FS they're either
-in game models following pre-programmed actions (you can record them with OBS or similar)
-pre-rendered cutscenes made in dedicated rendering software (3DS Max, Blender etc)

The latter tend to be of higher quality, simply because the rendering process (and along with it the details of models and textures used) are not subjecated to being a game with a decent FPS rate.

The E:

--- Quote from: Zipper730 on September 23, 2019, 11:52:22 am ---
--- Quote from: The E on September 23, 2019, 03:07:26 am ---It is perfectly fine if you want to do a first- or third person shooter or action game like Ryse. If you want to do anything else, you're going to end up fighting the engine all the way or contracting Crytek to basically make the game for you or both.
--- End quote ---
Could one use it to render "cut-scenes"?

--- End quote ---

You could, I suppose.... but I think there is no real difference between setting up an animation in a game engine and doing the same in Blender or Maya or whatever (In most cases, cutscene animation is done in external programs like those and then imported into the game engine).
And even there, I am reasonably sure that Unity or UE4 are easier to get started with than CryEngine.

Colonol Dekker:
What's that "OBS" you speak of in relation to making cutscenes in Fred?  :confused:

Nightmare:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Broadcaster_Software

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version