FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: The Battle of Neptune

<< < (2/16) > >>

General Battuta:
Giant hand descending from the void, burning bright red with reentry friction, slamming thunderously onto the "install" button

Dilmah G:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on December 26, 2020, 03:11:45 am ---Now I like the look of this.
Also....
Keen to count expletives 😂⚔️👌

--- End quote ---
May need a calculator, my friend!  :lol:

--- Quote from: EatThePath on December 26, 2020, 11:21:27 am ---Not a small amount of pressure here at all, hopefully I'll eventually see the whole mission. Impressive stuff so far.

Some issues I've had so far, on 20201226 if it matters:
- Loading from the first checkpoint doesn't seem to stop the introductory message chains from playing
- there don't seem to be radar icons for any UEF ships when the enhanced HUD is turned on
- After I hit the checkpoint and then tried to start the mission over entirely, starting from the beginning appears to be broken, it never moves from the initial shot of the cutscene.
- When instead skipping the cutscene but not loading the checkpoint, I get two sets of music layered over each other.
- My first run of the first stage it felt like Alpha and Beta were guardianed. If they were, they don't get it turned on when loading from the first checkpoint.

--- End quote ---
Yo, I'm really sorry this happened to you. None of my testers or I experienced this, but I believe I've tracked at least the checkpoint related issues back to some weird behaviour with my "stage variable" that now appears to cause issues when previously it didn't - I can't exactly explain why this occurred, only that at least on my end after changing some subtleties with it, it's fine now. Definitely let me know if it continues to screw up on you.

RE: Alpha and Beta
Spoiler:Alpha and Beta definitely were guardianed. This is throwing me as the event to guardian-threshold them and their vital subsystems returns true as soon as Beta enter the mission. Therefore, as long as Beta are in the mission (they arrive when the Meridian arrives), Alpha and Beta should have their sweet, sweet plot-armour. Again, it's not an issue that ever occurred during testing. Let me know after this latest update whether you or anyone else still have this issue. I have a fix in mind if it still doesn't want to play ball.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on December 26, 2020, 12:36:58 pm ---Giant hand descending from the void, burning bright red with reentry friction, slamming thunderously onto the "install" button

--- End quote ---
:heart:

EatThePath:

--- Quote from: Dilmah G on December 26, 2020, 01:38:07 pm ---Yo, I'm really sorry this happened to you. ...Let me know after this latest update whether you or anyone else still have this issue. I have a fix in mind if it still doesn't want to play ball.

--- End quote ---

No harm done in my case anyway, I know how squirrely these things can be. Things happen and I've got patience for bugs.

Will report when I play it again and see how these issues stand now.

perihelion:
Man that was intense.  What a bloodbath!  I was getting my ass handed to me from start to finish.  Thank goodness for checkpoints!

Very hard, but very well crafted.  Good immersion.  The Erinyes moves like a slug compared to the UEF fighters!  The Kents wipe out my bombers within a single pass, and there are too many for me to take out at range.  I was using twin balors so I could put more power into shields and speed, one bank of harpoons and one of trebs.  I think that was not a good plan.  I can't keep a bead on targets for long enough for the Balor to wear them down without taking a huge amount of damage myself.  Maybe with all Kaysers and two banks of trebs?  The harpoons hardly ever make their target even when doubled, so I don't think I'd miss them.  Maybe a bank of Furies?

I could appreciate that the UEF fighters were vastly superior over their GTVA counterparts in BP2 when I was flying them.  But this really rubs your face in it, doesn't it.  At least when flying Capella-era fighters.

TL;DR, thx, send moar!

Dilmah G:
Yo, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Spoiler:I agree, the Erinyes doesn't have the manoeuvrability to go toe-to-toe with anything apart from an Uhlan. There is a Perseus available if you want it, and some of my testers preferred it - but personally I found the Perseus to be paper-thin compared to the effects of UEF weapons. Double Kaysers can be great fun, and even a single bank of Kaysers can help make every time you get shots on target really count. I'm also a big fan of rolling a bank of Tempests, though the advantage of the Harpoon is that if you can't match the Kent for turn-rate, you can keep it in front of you and just slow down long enough to get a lock with the Harpoon and go to town until it does - and also by that point, be behind the enemy fighter.

I'm glad the mission's given you a new perspective. Being a GTVA pilot during the opening months of the war would've been terrifying!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version