Author Topic: Not a full newsgrid, but news nonetheless (New video!)  (Read 9063 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Not a full newsgrid, but news nonetheless (New video!)
Fate of the Galaxy Carrack Scuffle

This video showcases quite a few enhancements made since the last vid I uploaded.  It's also available in 1080p HD.  Note the new sound and weapon effects, the new backdrop, and the selectable primary firepoint grouping.  Also the sweet warpout effect we're working on.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:28:17 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: Not a full newsgrid, but news nonetheless (New video!)
Oh boy!

Nice hyper jumps.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Why the retail shockwaves?  :nervous:

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Because those haven't been replaced yet.  Neither have the explosions.  But we're getting to those soon.  Possibly MediaVP effects for now, and something closer to the original movie effects as an end goal.  They may look cheesy, but they'll definitely feel like SW if we pull that off properly.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
That's looking very, very good.  :yes:

My only complaint is that I kept waiting for a missile to get launched to show what they look/sound like, and none ever did. :p

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I realized that afterwards.  Problem is the Carracks in that mission pop too quick and the X-wing's proton torpedos aren't so useful against the fighters.  I need to rebalance it slightly so they last longer and need more intervention from the player to take them down, perhaps throw in a bomber wing or two.  The proton torp we have right now is kind of interesting looking.

Wow! This is coming along so well! Nicely done. :yes: I can't wait to see this when the cockpit interiors are finished. *drools*

I LOVE the new hyperspace jump effect and the new laser bolts are ace. I have a few questions, though. Will you be changing "Subspace Drive Engaged" text to "Hyper Drive Engaged"? Do the ships come to a complete stop before making the jump to hyperspace? I didn't like how the ships would come to a dead stop before jumping to hyperspace in the old X-wing/TIE Fighter sims. As far as I know, that's incorrect. Also, do you plan on changing the deflector shield integrity display to display only two sections (fore and aft) so it's more authentic?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:40:49 pm by Vector Leader »
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
We have some 2 segment shield code currently in limbo, it'll be resurrected in due time.  I'm not sure if the hyperdrive message is hardcoded or not, it may be a graphic edit or something, haven't checked yet.  I believe coming to a complete stop is optional, you can set a higher warpout speed but if you're going slower you may have to accelerate to that speed instead of just going instantaneously.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I'm not sure if the hyperdrive message is hardcoded or not, it may be a graphic edit or something, haven't checked yet.

It's an ANI that's part of the HUD. Modifiable in the same manner as the crosshair or any interface art.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah then we can totally edit that.

That's great to hear. :pimp:

I can't stop watching the new vid. It's in-SANE. And I can't wait to see it with all the cockpit interiors. This mod can't come soon enough! Must have patience.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline -Norbert-

Could you please put the cockpits into a seperate VP file?
While it is really nice to have them, cockpits do limit visibility (especially the Y-Wings one). And since in FreeSpace you can't just switch it on and off in-mission (correct me if I'm wrong) making them optional would be nice.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Switching between those views is actually a code change I'd like to see before we add proper cockpits.  Although a separate VP would also work in the interim and won't require a holdup waiting for code in that case.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Switching between those views is actually a code change I'd like to see before we add proper cockpits.  Although a separate VP would also work in the interim and won't require a holdup waiting for code in that case.

And once again, it's one that is sort of waiting on the new pilot code to be possible. :)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah we've basically got three features we need that are reliant on new keybinds I guess, one of which is already fully coded up.

Looking good so far. The real eye popper for me was the hyperspace effect, as it looked great.

Offline Blazar

In searching to play a new mod i stumbled upon this one. Truly great, effects and the warping out amazing indeed just like SW. This will definitely be on my playlist and i will follow it! :yes:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:24:05 pm by Blazar »