Author Topic: Battle of the Belt  (Read 10987 times)

Offline diamondgeezer

I'm... english...

Lightbulbs...

:wtf::confused:

No, sorry. You'll have to explain it to me. Perhaps something is lost in the translation?

[EDIT]
Originally posted by Razor
Please consult this great web site if you need assistence.

Don't make me do the 'sence of humor' quote

As one of the series biggest fans (well obviously Dimond Geezer and i are the only 2 who could be ****ed waiting up till 1/2 2 in the morning when it was on bbc2) in the UK i know what the bloody things are and they look perfect. Its just as i said previously they did nothing in the show except float menacingly and wedgelike.

As for the spelling of turret, the poor chaps obviously had a state school education.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Mr Carrot
As one of the series biggest fans (well obviously Dimond Geezer and i are the only 2 who could be ****ed waiting up till 1/2 2 in the morning when it was on bbc2) in the UK i know what the bloody things are and they look perfect. Its just as i said previously they did nothing in the show except float menacingly and wedgelike.

3 of us including me :) For those of you who keep knocking DG's models go take it up with the people who did the effects on the original show rather than bothering us with your ill informed comments.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline diamondgeezer

As for the spelling of turret, the poor chaps obviously had a state school education.

I wouldn't do if it didn't provoke a reaction, would I?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I think i'm actually a S:AAB fan now after reading about the chigs.

that is of course if you'll start spelling turret right..
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline diamondgeezer

But I'm not mispelling turret. If anything, you're mispelling turrent...

There's logic in there somewhere...

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
There's logic in there somewhere..

Freaky, he's right...
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

...Looks like...Kushan Mother-Ship....

That's all I have to say, and when I get my satellite dish up, I'm gonna watch S:AAB

Needs more detail/greebles/thingys/turrets/WMDs/etc, etc

Cor

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
DG, good work on the S:AAB Chig mod, BTW.

As for this:

Originally posted by diamondgeezer

As I was scrolling down reading all the posts, this thing appeared at the bottom of my screen and freaked the s*** outta me!

...Meh, I've been under alot of stress with law school lately and I'm easily spooked, what can I say?:nervous: :shaking:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline J.F.K.

Can anyone translate this?

(lvlshotted)
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline diamondgeezer

OK, this is a very loose translation:

The Chigs (so called because they look like parisitic earth creatures named 'chiggers' - allegedly) attacked the Vesta colony in the Epsilon Eridani system in 2063. This was man's first contact with another intelligent lifeform.

The Chiggy mothership was used as a carrier in the Grrombridge 34 system (not sure about this sentance). I have no idea what the last sentance means.

Oh, and the specs given are 'length' 'height' and 'breadth', although that didn't take a genius :)

I really think the middle parts look like exposed superstructure on the show not glowing green stuff (like 100s of girders or launch cradles), im starting to think that they dont have any weps just hundreds of those fighters.

Offline diamondgeezer

I really think the middle parts look like exposed superstructure on the show not glowing green stuff (like 100s of girders or launch cradles)

Nah. Watch this and this :)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

The Chigs (so called because they look like parisitic earth creatures named 'chiggers' - allegedly

I never thought they looked like any insect :/
they're almost clones of the trooper in old novalogic's game, Terranova...
SCREW CANON!

Offline J.F.K.

OK, this is a very loose translation:

The Chigs (so called because they look like parisitic earth creatures named 'chiggers' - allegedly) attacked the Vesta colony in the Epsilon Eridani system in 2063. This was man's first contact with another intelligent lifeform.

The Chiggy mothership was used as a carrier in the Grrombridge 34 system (not sure about this sentance). I have no idea what the last sentance means.

Oh, and the specs given are 'length' 'height' and 'breadth', although that didn't take a genius :)

[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I really think the middle parts look like exposed superstructure on the show not glowing green stuff (like 100s of girders or launch cradles)

They're recessed bits.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Hey awesome...get the model quality up a bit more and it'll look really good!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by IceFire
Hey awesome...get the model quality up a bit more and it'll look really good!

Guess what? I have no idea how :)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
make the recessed bits actually recessed. It's not like there's hundreds of capships in S:ABB in a battle ( more like a two or three max ), the thing is not breathing with turrets ( it has none ), so you can go HEAVY on details, as I said before :) actually build the griders.
SCREW CANON!

Offline diamondgeezer

I still have no idea how (I just convert the things)