Author Topic: Shivan ship production  (Read 8420 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Shivan ship production
Any theories on why they seem to have unlimited numbers of ships?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Yogert

They're very old. My guess would probably be on the order of millions of years. Given that much time they probably have a armada that makes the Sathanas fleet look like a quick response force (which it probably is).
"Who joins the army to be a Euphonium player?!"

Offline Cyker

Maybe they grow them too!
Like, say, when a mummy Sathanas and a daddy Sathanaus get together and... um... actually lets terminate that line of thought.

WITH BEAM CANNONS!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i wouldnt doubt that they grow their ships, i mean i find it hard to understand how a shivan could be a good construction worker :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Dey Maek there sheps fr0m Vazuden HEADz LOL!1
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Nuke
i wouldnt doubt that they grow their ships, i mean i find it hard to understand how a shivan could be a good construction worker :D

Inbuilt arc welders.

Offline Dekzar

Originally posted by Nuke

Slave labor from destroyed races perhaps?

Hull Plating: 1 Billion Standard Credits
Beam Weaponry: 10,000 Standard Credits
A Crew: 50,000 Standard Credits Once a Month Each
Having an Armada of Supernova Causing Ships: Priceless
There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's Freespace.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Dekzar

Slave labor from destroyed races perhaps?

How can dead people be slaves?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Massive industrial base?  How else do you crank out that many freaking ships?
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

How they get so many ships? Easy, it´s called "respawn". Whenever they need a new ship, they  write to the game designer and ask for a respawn code. What´s easier than that?
;7
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Eishtmo
Massive industrial base?  How else do you crank out that many freaking ships?

Maybe they just stole them?

does anyone even fly shivan fighters, in the fmv`s shivans are gigantic  
would they fit in one?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I'm gonna say: 'Magic'
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Lynx

BLACK magic
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
RACIST!
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Lynx

Hehe, I smell a misunderstanding.:p
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
whos masterbating?!?!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Their industrial capacity is obviously superior to the Terrans + the Vasudans. I would say that they probably control a good part of the galaxy in order to get enough resources to build all of those ships in such a short amount of time. Or, as the story goes, they are just spontaneously formed from subspace by an angry cosmos.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
If the ships are even partly organic(grown) that would cut down on both production time and cost.  Given the shapes that are predominant in Shivan design philosphy, spikes and smooth rounded curves, they seem to favor organic design structure over the purely aesthetic(vasudans) or utalitarian(terrans).  Also, the Shivans might have matter replication/editation capability and with such tech, resources become a matter of available energy.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.