Author Topic: Been a few years,.......  (Read 13564 times)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Re: Been a few years,.......
*Pokes head in from out in the dark reaches of the internet.....brushes dust off thread*

Guess what I'm, downloading again?   *wink*

So glad to see this place is still up and kicking :)

Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
We'll be around for a long time yet, methinks. ;)

Howdy, BTW. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, we don't die.  We just get older and crankier. :p

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Older is certainly right  lol.  Hard to believe this game came out before 2K even.  Been getting things ready for our first kid... got thinking back on things and decided to dust off the old flight stick and give this classic a replay :)
Warlock

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Older is certainly right  lol.  Hard to believe this game came out before 2K even.  Been getting things ready for our first kid... got thinking back on things and decided to dust off the old flight stick and give this classic a replay :)

Congrats! First kid's awesome. I got three of the buggers myself, and wouldn't have it any other way. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
um....two things one shouldn't put in the same sentence....thinking about a having a kid, and dusting off the old flight stick.  welcome back
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

At least he didn't call it his joy stick.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions

Congrats! First kid's awesome. I got three of the buggers myself, and wouldn't have it any other way. :)
Thanks we're certainly looking forward to him.  Kinna odd,... gets you remembering things your folks had that you just knew we "ancient" and now I'm realizing one day my boy will think that about Ipads & Ipods, all kinds of things  lol .

Yea...that's the train of thought that had me drifting on back here for a bit as well   LOL
Warlock

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
um....two things one shouldn't put in the same sentence....thinking about a having a kid, and dusting off the old flight stick.

I feel like that's exactly how things work for a lot of couples who already have at least one kid. :p

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Welcome back Warlock, and congrats on your impending child...

...Sleep as much as is humanely possible... :lol:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Welcome back Warlock, and congrats on your impending child...

...Sleep as much as is humanely possible... :lol:

cant emphasizes this enough
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
If your job can wing it, being a partial night owl and dealing with the young one(s) until around 2-3am has a number of benefits, including A) ensuring your wife gets a minimally-decent night's sleep (10pm-3am worst case scenario) and B) allowing you to get a decent sleep too (3am-10am works nicely). I've been doing this for years now, and it works great. :)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Sadly my work day typically starts at 5am  lol.   "Good" news is for the last week or two the wife's been helping me prep for lack of sleep (poor thing not meaning too of course).

Really looking forward to showing this world to the little guy. 49 days and counting .... trying to get my gaming fix while I can for a bit!!
Warlock

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
"Good" news is for the last week or two the wife's been helping me prep for lack of sleep (poor thing not meaning too of course).

That could be understood in so many different ways... ;)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
"Good" news is for the last week or two the wife's been helping me prep for lack of sleep (poor thing not meaning too of course).

That could be understood in so many different ways... ;)
I know .......that's part of the fun thou...  :D
Warlock

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Heck yes. :D

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Sadly my work day typically starts at 5am  lol.   "Good" news is for the last week or two the wife's been helping me prep for lack of sleep (poor thing not meaning too of course).

Really looking forward to showing this world to the little guy. 49 days and counting .... trying to get my gaming fix while I can for a bit!!

Although this bit of text would seem to preclude any lascivious connotations.  Congrats on the new minion.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.