Author Topic: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!  (Read 69840 times)

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Now with 100% more Dungeon Masters.
* Lyndus bonks Rodd lightly on the head with hammer during the middle of the night.

"Would you quit it?  Some of us are trying to get some sleep!"

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Now with 100% more Dungeon Masters.
*rodd starts moving his feet frenetically

mhmhhmh mmnooo, the slender will gat meee ahggh mnmmng mmnmngg

*rustle rustle rustle, then he stops
el hombre vicio...

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
*BONK*

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
huhn.... thog awake. what thog miss?
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
mehh ña... wah?

Lyndus? In Heironeous name, what are you doing!
el hombre vicio...

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
"You know some of us are trying to sleep, right?  Would you be so kind as to not make so much noise?  Thank you."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Nonsense! I make no noises while sleeping!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my dreams.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
After a nice long night's sleep, the party is ready for adventure again.  But will they choose to continue deeper into the moathouse or return to Hommlet?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Can'tsleepspiderswilleatme...Can'tsleepspiderswilleatme...Can'tsleepspiderswilleatme...Can'tsleepspiderswilleatme...Can'tsleepspiderswilleatme...Can'tsleepspiderswilleatme...
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Mmmmm Ahhhh

*stretches

Now that was a good night of sleep.

Good, now let's clean up this Moathouse once and for all people.
el hombre vicio...

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Yeah! Who knows what lies inside? Let's find out! Forward!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
GM Log

"Your defense is automatically zero when attacked by a party member."

You have no idea how much joy that phrase brings me.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
After a long night’s rest, the party heads deeper into the moathouse ruins.  Lester doesn’t even get a chance to identify his new scrolls.

That…is a huge, ugly rat. Lyndus freaks out upon seeing it.  I think that might be a half-eaten housecat in the corner.

More oversized critters, this one a monster snake.  Luna demonstrates how to use a sling.

There just isn’t enough room for everyone to fight it.  The random junk laying about is hampering mobility.

So, Lessiah decides to explore elsewhere.  She opens a door, reveling what could only be described as an unholy cross between a mosquito and a bat.

The snake, meanwhile, is pummeled with magic missiles.

Lessiah manages to find the weak point on one of the bats, through sheer dumb luck and being able to re-roll dice rolls by having the ‘luck’ domain.

Or maybe she just smashes the darn thing.

The battle with the viper, surprisingly, finishes without incident.  Once again Eladan is the one to deliver a solid finishing blow.

Luna manages to directly hit mosquito-bat-thing with a sling bullet, more or less finishing it off.

However, by then the stirges have already done a lot to put Lessiah out of action.  1 point of damage per hit doesn’t seem like much until you take into account their CON-lowering blood sucking ability.  And unlike normal HP-reducing injuries, a Cure Light Wounds spell will do nothing to fix this.

Without access to powerful spells, it will take multiple rests to recover from this.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Dear diary

Suprisingly, trying to fling an arrow with a sling doesn't work so well. Thankfully the helpful party I'm with, pointed out that stones are suppose to be flung with slings.
The more you know!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I feel... weird. I wonder why?
* Lessiah pokes her arm with her other arm.
Nope. Not a clue. Can I go lie down? No, wait, mystery! Must... uncover... all the mystery...
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
The party finds some more bloodsucking bats.  I decide to send in the character whom would be least affected by CON damage.

The whole room was a dead end, so the party turns around without bothering to check what the stirges might of been guarding.

The rats from before block the way out.  They seem to be non-aggressive, but they are huge, ugly, and are succeeding at creeping out poor Lyndus.  The party makes the mistake of trying to fight them.

There’s a reason why rolling a 1 in this game doesn’t make you drop your weapon or anything like that.  1’s are sadly far too common to have to put up with such.

To put things in perspective, a normal rat would have 1 HP and could only ever do 1 damage per attack (remember, HP loss signifies a substantial life-threatening injury, not a minor claw scratch).  A minor scratch would be something like an attack roll of 8 against your unarmored AC of 10.

These things are about equal in fighting ability as a military conscript (level 1 warrior) might be.

Again, the frontline is getting too crowded.  Slab has decides he had enough with the monster rats.

As the last rat bleeds out from its fatal wounds, more furry demons crawl out.  Thankfully, these ones are also apathetic to the party’s presence, and seem to be ignoring the wounded prey…for now.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:14:24 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That an endless spawn of rats there. Good for XP farming.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
That an endless spawn of rats there. Good for XP farming.
If I wanted to XP farm, I would of installed the version of the Circle of Eight mod that does include the user-made content, including respawning moathouse bandits.  Tad more exciting then just rats, plus you get coin from sale of loot as well.

Not that xp farming is really required, mind you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:22:08 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
"how'd you get to be such a skilled warrior?"

"oh, i just killed about 700 rats"

:p

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Hey, killing rats takes finesse and accuracy!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story