Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221430 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If you are using FireFox, get the ChatZilla plugin... ;)

@sleek: irc://irc.esper.net/hard-light

EDIT: Just click the link at the top of this page.  :p

EDIT2: Anyone else wanna join?  C'mon... :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:45:17 am by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
For reference, your options should look like this:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
MercFox1, if hosting is going to become a regular thing for you, please post in this topic.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Shade

Put me down for a game at 7 to 9pm GMT on saturday (the 8th). Will probably play on intermediate, but will crank it up to hard/insane if there are enough people to go for medals. US people should be prepared for a bit more latency than usual since I'm located in Europe - But hey, it won't be any worse than what I'm coping with when playing in CP's or BE's games :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
Is there anyone intrested in playing a Multiplayer BTRL game
The Terran VolksWagen Project - Lol
"that was a little too close, we gota wait fifteen mins to change our shorts" = (snipes, FS2)
I can whoop your ass with my LOGITECH

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Is there anyone intrested in playing a Multiplayer BTRL game

I tend to host quite a few of them around this time of day. In fact, I have one up right now.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Because some jerk (*cough* {303}Psychoo *cough*) bumped me off of the first page, I'll be hosting for a while. Starting now.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Fozzy, could you please post your system specs in the other topic, and then I can display your games on the calendar.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Does anyone know what the [level up sound] is going on with FS2Net? It seems to be kicking everyone after a seemingly random amount of time.

Sadly, it doesn't give you 2x the points.  :drevil:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ya, if you don't Launch the game like within 5-10 mins, it will kick you or freeze you.  :confused:

Im hosting games every day and I neved had this problem.  :p I'm hosting from 7 pm GTM +2 (Polish time) to late night, so...  see You in Space!  :cool:
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Try chatting (while selecting the mission) with the folks; don't hit "Commit" to a mission for 10 mins, just to test.  I bet it kicks you.  :p

Offline Shade

Game going up shortly.

[Edit] It's up. Sorry for the delay, I kinda overlooked the fact that I had a 3.6.10 test build selected, so had to restart.

[Again] Well, that was fun :) Played some games, got a medal for some people, failed to get a medal for supernova due to a buggy mission though... hopefully we can do that another time. And then got owned badly a couple of times in TvT games :p
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 04:33:13 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
You guys should post on the IRC when you're having a round.  :p  I missed it!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I don't think I'll have time to play this weekend as I am in the process of moving, but I should be able to join you next time.

Offline Shade

You guys should post on the IRC when you're having a round. :p  I missed it!
I'll try to remember to make a quick shout when I host another time. Wouldn't have done much good today, though - We were hitting the player limit as it were. That is something I would have considered highly unlikely to happen just two months ago, but it's been happening a lot lately. Enough, in fact, that the limit is actually starting to... hurt. A little bit. MP gaming is definitely picking up.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:nod: Good, this is!  ;)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I can host from 8PM EST (1AM GMT) to ? (I'll being hanging around IRC, let me know if you want to play... when we get enough, we'll launch ;) ).

I might have to take an hour break at some point; I'll post here if I have to do so.

Hey, while you're here, check this out: The Mean Kitty Song:lol:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
2 online so far, + myself... both new, I think, not sure... one has played BtRL before, the other is on his first game.