Author Topic: Technically, this doesn't belong here... (Centaur)  (Read 9297 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Technically, this doesn't belong here... (Centaur)
But I'm not allowed to attatch files in the FSPort Forum, or the FS Upgrade forum (Might want to fix that last one).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:20:56 am by Galemp »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: Technically, this doesn't belong here...
God that's an ugly box+engine.  I can see why it was changed for FS2.  Nice start on the detailing, by the way.  ;)
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I have a question... why not make the FS2 one?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
maybe he'll do both.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Because I'm a lazy and undertalented moddeler, and this one is easy. The Hygeia is not.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I always liked the Centaur...I don't know why, but I did.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Now for the cockpit and the engine.

I'd move this to the FSPort forum, but I can't 'cause I'm not a moderator here.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
fine fine, hint taken.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Technically, this doesn't belong here... (Cent
Hot half-horsey goodness :)

Edit:  Whoa, that didn't come out right :nervous:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 03:18:23 am by Mongoose »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Technically, this doesn't belong here... (Centaur)
Um... Well, cheers for the attention and all Raa, but the major reason for putting it into FSModding was so I'd be able to post it with the attatchment - how'm I supposed to post updates?

Oh, bugger it. I'll just use imageshack or something.

GE - Cockpit and engine are next. I've actually done a little bit on the engine as you can see, but not enough. The cockpit I have no idea how to approach however - it looks too big wide be single man (given that this thing is about FS fighter length and FS fighter cockpits end to be narrower) but I have absolutely no usable human model apart from Nico's, which is integrated into the seat too much for a side by side double seater. So yeah, challenge.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Eh? nicos humnan model is seprate from his seat...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Um... Well, cheers for the attention and all Raa, but the major reason for putting it into FSModding was so I'd be able to post it with the attatchment - how'm I supposed to post updates?

Was done on Galemp's suggestion... :nervous:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
All right, here - I'll move it to the FSUpgrade forum (it probably belongs there anyway) and enable attachments there. ;)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Eh? nicos humnan model is seprate from his seat...

But Nico's model has no hands or feet, and relies on the seat being the shape that it is in order to work.  It's physically seperate, yes, but only in the strictest sense.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
you can still use it as a base upon wich to build a more extensive model, seeing as the uv-mapping and such is already there and good.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Technically, this doesn't belong here.

The Centaur is in the FS2 VPs. Technically it has as much right to be here as a High Poly Lucifer or Ganymede would :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The titles wrong, it was originally in the FSModding forum

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Technically, this doesn't belong here.

The Centaur is in the FS2 VPs. Technically it has as much right to be here as a High Poly Lucifer or Ganymede would :)

Ganymede? why ganymede?
actualy, mabye not.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Because it doesn't appear anywhere in the FS2 campaign?

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
It's in a few default milti-missions
actualy, mabye not.