Author Topic: Freespace Help  (Read 2122 times)

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
When I play FS:2, ocasionally it throws me to the desktop when I'm playing.  For instance last night I was loading mission 2, it crashed to the desktop.  Anything I can do?

My system Specs:

Intel Celeron 400mhz
128mb of RAM
D3d supported video card (16 bit i believe)
UBL Pro speakers
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Have you got any mods installed? That could be the problem
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I have deleted all MOD's maybe that will help.  Thanks!
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com

Originally posted by adwight:
Intel Celeron 400mhz  
128mb of RAM
D3d supported video card (16 bit i believe)
UBL Pro speakers

oh............................................................ .............................................................. .................

Dear...
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
haha mine was a amd-k6 400 a couple months ago, but even amd is better then celeron, i cant imagine how people can live with such horrable speed
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
My older computer (which I was using until last August) was a Pentium 2/450 with a Voodoo3 and the same amount of RAM; FS2 worked fairly well but newer games ran more slowly.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

Originally posted by CP5670:
My older computer (which I was using until last August) was a Pentium 2/450 with a Voodoo3 and the same amount of RAM; FS2 worked fairly well but newer games ran more slowly.

CP, do you sill have that comp? I wouldn't mind having a P2/450 hand-me-down comp for my birthday! If you're in Rockville and I'm in DC, I can just stop by and pick it up, np.

I'm getting tired of my Pentium 233...  

REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I know my computer's slow, I hate it.  I want to smash it and get a new one.  My dad says the only I'm gonna get a new one is build one  .
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
ack...sorry Su; actually I sold it on eBay about a month ago.   You can probably get another one real cheap over there though. I have seen equivalents of my current computer (which was $2100) sell for less than a grand there only about a month later.

I know my computer's slow, I hate it. I want to smash it and get a new one. My dad says the only I'm gonna get a new one is build one .

Actually that is one of the best ways to get one since the individual components are much cheaper than buying the machine from a computer company. (literally about half the price) The only problem is that it takes some time and is a bit of a hassle to get everything up and running properly.

My current computer is working very well so far (1400 Athlon/TB, 512MB DDR, standard GF3 running at 250/575, 75GB, SBLive XG; I get 180fps in FS2 on max details  ), except that I am thinking about changing the operating system to XP pro. As usual, it is already quite outdated, even though I have not even had it for 5 months yet.    

[This message has been edited by CP5670 (edited 01-30-2002).]