Author Topic: My Logitech Wingman Force 3d Joystick will not work - Help!!!  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Skeebo

My Logitech Wingman Force 3d Joystick will not work - Help!!!
My joystick will not work when I enter the game.  It is the only controller I have plugged into my computer.  Windows sees it and everything works fine in any other game.  FS2 sees the controller and it appears everything is normal but when I started the training mission, nothing on the joystick works.  It will not control movement and will not fire weapons.  I went to the controls section to see if I could bind keys on the joystick.  I click on bind but when I press a joystick button it doesn't register.  Any clues,  all help is appreciated.

Skeebo

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: My Logitech Wingman Force 3d Joystick will not work - Help!!!
Are you running Freespace2 Open or retail?

If the former, did you try different settings on Launcher's Audio/Joystick tab?

If the latter, try getting Freespace Open...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Skeebo

I am running Freespace 2 Open but the settings on the Launcher tab are also set and would appear that everything is fine, but still doesn't work.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
They the Force 0 and/or Force 1 options.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

This may help, go to Control Panel select Printers and Other Devices, then select Game Controllers. The list of controllers will be visable,  then select Advanced,  and it will say "Select device you want to use with older programs" just select your joystick from the list. This helped me with a Saitek X36 and Freespace.  Hope this will help.

Offline Skeebo

I got it working by using the Force 1 option.  Thanks for all your help.