Author Topic: ToCA 2 (yes, the age-old one)  (Read 992 times)

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
ToCA 2 (yes, the age-old one)
I've reinstalled this marvellous game (surprisingly, it works on Vista) and I had a great idea: what if I would save the replays, add commentaries under them and stuff, thus creating a racing tournament broadcast?

I've had multiple issues immediately. I can only assume that you know the game so I apologize if you can't understand me.
First, I've got a shiny message on the second race stating that I have to get 3rd or better to continue. I totally forgot about this and it made me so mad - I mean, WHY?? Let me have a few bad races but compete for the overall victory, man! :@ I don't want to have an overpowered human racer.

I might be able to get over that... the greater problems are with the replay menu:
1) There are no good camera angles - basically they all suck and show nothing of the actual race.
2) If I navigate between the bottom buttons they make a loud noise thus making the creation of a serious replay impossible.
3) There are 2 huge black grids at the top and the bottom, one containing the lap number and the racer's name and the other the replay controls. My idea was to run the game in a window but I can't.
4) Since I can't rewind the replay, only restart it, I am unable to re-record any parts without rewatching the whole thing. If I'd like to go for sure and record a short (5-min) race with every camera angles with every cars to cut them together later, I'd have a 5x5x16=400 minutes of raw material - obviously too much.

Can any of you help me in that regard?
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
Re: ToCA 2 (yes, the age-old one)
Okay, points are no longer needed thanks to the POSHKID code.
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Re: ToCA 2 (yes, the age-old one)
Pressing alt-enter might help you with windowed mode... I think.