Author Topic: Hi-Poly Herc 2  (Read 32457 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
*is full of Vasudan Pride*
(amongst others)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Fenris>Aten. Beeyotches.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
in this thread herc2>*

I only dislike the serapis cause i always die in it.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
WEll, the Aten is a peice of crap, I'll give you that. So is the mentu. But cruisers are useless anyway.

Sobek > Deimos.
Hatshepsut > Hecate
Typhon > Orion

Horus > Valk
Seth > Apollo
Thoth > Ulysses

Yarr!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
"Sobek > Deimos"

Have you played freespace2?

Orion>*

and the rest i'l give you.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I'm with Raa on this... It looks like the model was smoothed out, and a cockpit was thrown in. There's no new detail (a la Bob's herc I), and its to overrendered to be able to see anything promising that might be there.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Raa: Ulysses is hybrid design. Not a fair comparison. So is Hecate.

Typhon, maybe. I still need to set up some test missions for the destroyers.

All the Vasudan fighters have is speed. Valk>Horus because of high weapon compatability plus 4 primary weapon banks. Prom+Banshee=me happy.

Seth is more on line with the Herc I, in my opinion. And in that, they're equal.

I suppose if we're going to continue this, we could either do it in PMs or split the thread...

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by FireCrack
"Sobek > Deimos"

Have you played freespace2?

Right. While the Terrans were off killing themselves, the Vasudans were fighting the Shivans. With their Vastly superior fleet.

I played it. You were obviously too diluded with your terran prideā„¢ to see that. :p

Ghost, no need. this is over.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
ok, over is good.
actualy, mabye not.

Sathanas > *."all Terran/Vasudan ships"

Shivan Pride = )

Edit,

My half-arsed attempt at a Seraphim,

More
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 12:07:29 am by 1440 »
--------------------------

Sig

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Argh! Slow dooooooownnnnnnn with the eyecandy! Not to be mean or nothin, but take one thing at a time! Also, you have work to do if you want to keep doing that Seraphim.

Finish the Herc II first pleeeeeeeease.

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
shut up and let the man work! :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Good work on both models. Top notch work, especially the textures.

NOW WHERE'RE THOSE NEW SHIVAN SHIPS YOU WAS SUPPOSED TA FINISH? ;)
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
*suggests to release WIP versions so that we could see them in-game*
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

What shivan ships..... :nervous:

--------------------------

Sig

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That's not a :v: ship, right?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Raa
WEll, the Aten is a peice of crap, I'll give you that. So is the mentu. But cruisers are useless anyway.

Sobek > Deimos.
Hatshepsut > Hecate
Typhon > Orion

Horus > Valk
Seth > Apollo
Thoth > Ulysses

Yarr!

Ermm...the Diemos has far greater firepower (especially AAA) than the Sobek, not to mention can fire in ALL directions as compared to the smaller ship's forward arcs alone. It's also a fair bit sturdier if im not wrong.

The Hatsheput, however, is > hecate....as a warship. As a carrier/command centre tho, the Hecate would be a better choice.

Typon/Orion are pretty even. In terms of upgrades, the Typhon (according to canon information) is the weaker due to the bad integration of the beam cannon, however the Orion simply pwns it with a far greater beam distribution and wielding power.

Horus>valk only in speed....in firepower/armor valk>horus
Seth>apollo, hell yes, gotta give that one.
Thoth>ulysses wtf?? The Uly is a JOINT venture, so it really cannot be judged...
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by TopAce
That's not a :v: ship, right?

It looks like a larval Demon-class Destroyer.
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It looked Rakshasa-like to me.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Devils_Hitman

OMG. It's the giant Shivan crab with its rip-slash-cutshipsinhalf-pincers!
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...