Community Projects > The FreeSpace Upgrade Project

Subspace Vortex Poll

<< < (10/10)

manwiththemachinegun:

--- Quote from: Colonol Dekker on May 09, 2022, 01:47:28 am ---That's definitely the one for me.

--- End quote ---

Seconded, it looks great but it doesn't lose the vibe of the original.

Gregster2k:
Thirded - Gamma's proposals nail the nostalgia of retail, and the May 8 variant adds extra detail to feel fresh.
However, I agree with AV8R. The bright center needs to encompass the ship's furthest edges.

alpha993:

--- Quote from: AV8R on July 03, 2022, 10:25:57 am ---
The older spinning subspace animation that was in use for so long had a much larger white aperture that allowed any ship passing through to have all of the outer parts ship appear/disappear into the white "hole" in space which visually made more sense.

--- End quote ---

I agree. I like the new animation (although I would prefer an option to choose between the current and new animations), but I believe it needs a larger central aperture. The current animation has a large blindingly-white center which makes it look like the ships are actually exiting or entering a portal, whereas the current one feels more like a homeworld-ish effect where the ship just materializes out of a 2D plane.

The new effect with the current effect's white center would be perfect for me personally.

Colonol Dekker:
100% agree

5thAce:
Looks pretty good! Reminds me of the wormhole in Deep Space Nine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version