Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573442 times)

Offline Shade

A second portal was put up today which leads to a (slightly) safer area than the original one. You'd probably be able to survive there for at least several seconds :p Try it out! Once the server starts working again, anyway.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Yay!  Servers back up!  My inventory has reset back to what it was when I logged in earlier, but the map is pretty much up to date
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline Shade

Yeah, map seems to save every few minutes. Personal inventory, not so much. I make a point to stash anything important I find in a chest so it'll be saved with the map rather than with my inventory. Even so, given I'd just been on a lumberjacking spree and hadn't considered 6 stacks to tree trunks 'important', that's a bit of wasted time to reacquire them :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Currently in the process of building a completely useless castle/mountain base in singleplayer. I really should get out more. o_o

Does anyone know how to take pics in Mac?

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Currently in the process of building a completely useless castle/mountain base in singleplayer. I really should get out more. o_o

Does anyone know how to take pics in Mac?
Like a screenshot?  Same keys as the windows version.

Per minecraftwiki.net:

• F1    Toggles GUI hiding. This was added in the Halloween Update to make taking scene screenshots easier. (F1 + F2 will take a screenshot without the GUI.)
  • F2    As of Beta 1.2 simply pressing this key will take a screenshot and place it in %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots on Windows, ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/screenshots in OSX, or ~/.minecraft/screenshots in Linux.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Thanks.

Introducing my pointless castle...

There's no consensus of design. I'm just building it however I feel like. :D
I know some people don't like cobblestone buildings, but right now I don't feel like doing anything about it.

Here's my mining shaft that goes all the way to bedrock level. It doesn't connect to any natural caverns though. :doubt:. Got the idea from X's Adventures in Minecraft.

There's even a fountain for a faster way to get down.

Obviously this whole thing was built out of a mountain.

I hit a diamond vain near bedrock so plenty of diamond tools to use. :nod:

I have cacti in my greenhouse...

Most of it was built in peaceful mode, half of it while watching Babylon 5. I have no idea why that's important. o_o
My castle/mountain abode is nowhere near done, but I have plans to make a giant penguin structure. I've even got designs done on grid paper. Will post pics if I ever get around to it.

Damn.... I really should be working on modeling instead. :lol:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Hey, someone else who learned his mining trade from X! :p

Offline Shade

I like that castle :yes:

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Just started building a tower integrated into a natural spire into qaz's friend's server. No pics yet, but rest assured it's going to be pretty sweet.
I've just been exploring this with shade, I think you may have 1-up'd everyone else on the server.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Shade

Yeah, that's a rather impressive construction already. But we shall rally and improve our own dwellings to match :D

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Had a quick look at your server. Didn't see much, because it was night and raining like hell. And if that wouldn't be enough a spider jumped into my neck when I was standing in front of the abyss of these giant bridges. The good thing is the spider died with me. ;7 But I like what I've seen so far. Maybe, if no one has anything against it, it's becoming my new home server. :) :nod:

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
You'll have to visit "town" some time.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Woo I got my first railway completed today!  900+ units in length. 
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken