Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

[WIP] Meteor Effect

<< < (2/2)

Nightmare:
It's rather just a different take on the thing rather than an improvement, but still.

The strange gap is caused by taking a screen. I can PM you the files if you're interested as it requires a custom effect.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

0rph3u5:
While looks good, it is not what I am looking for exactly - it looks more like a small meteor that would not reach the surface...

But since I have a rather evocative line from the original FS1 command briefing to go on, I am looking more for something in the direction of the fireball that would surround a "rocky" meteor at low altitude...

How many particles are making up the trail?

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: 0rph3u5 on October 24, 2018, 11:14:48 am ---While looks good, it is not what I am looking for exactly - it looks more like a small meteor that would not reach the surface...
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I think it's rather vice-versa; atleast according to the footage I remember (though speed might be play a bigger role than size). Here's what I recall:
-Debris from space shuttle Columbia looked more like my effect.
-Small (football sized) meteor looked like your effect, with small pieces breaking off and falling down seperately.
-Big meteor (the one over Russia a few years ago) looked more like mine again.
But that's just what I can think of; you might want to watch some more footage on YT yourself. Also in the end it depends on whether you want to have it realistic or "just impressive looking" anyway. :)

BTW, one idea I just had- no matter which effect you choose, you could make it look better by spawing off smaller effects at (seemingly) random intervals.

--- Quote ---How many particles are making up the trail?
--- End quote ---
3 - custom effect, ParticleSmoke01and ParticleSmoke02; the last forms the core of the effect.
Plus a regular missiletrail02.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version