Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 762630 times)

Offline RazorsKiss

• The Cutting Edge
    • RazorsKiss.net
Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
Yeah - but, that doesn't mean they've installed their discs first :D  It's often easier to just download it all, y'know?
Fringespace - Tachyon: Revived   ModDB Listing   Razorskiss.net 

You only think you can outfly me.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. We've continually had people giving bad advice about installing the whole thing from your server even when people have the disks or have already downloaded HotU.

Not to mention people suggesting a reinstall when the problems are very minor.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Installer now includes Linux executables (both 32 and 64 bit) and unpacks them correctly with permissions. Note that the unpacking only works on Mac and Linux. Windows will just download the containing file and do nothing with it.

EDIT: Also, support for tar.gz and tar.bz2 files has been added, but only on Mac and Linux.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:23:19 pm by Turey »
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Hi friends!
First of all, i want to send my greetings for turey because he´s work make our life and playing easier!
That´s my second time making my install from turey installer, but i haven´t been as sucessful as i have been in the first time.
I´ve enough space in disk (more than 8 Gb), and i usually disable my firewall and antivirus for downloading something from secure channels, so i believe that what is happening doesn´t have nothing to do with my conection.
I´m doing as i have done in the first time, unzipping everything and installing it in an apropriate place in my disk.
However, something happen dudring the installation and the program simply stop doing the download!
It still have its progress bar on working or donwloading with some % of one of the archives, however, it don´t do anything more.
I checked and the program still being viewed as working in the windows (it ´s not non responding).
Today complete 24 hrs that i just left my pc turned on for downloading the game, but it still in the same place that it was something aroun 20 hrs ago.

It´s not possivble to copy and paste from the installation progress place, so.....
Once more, thanks to all.
See ya.

A flying doctor in the middle of dogfighting game? it's better to come back to my books...

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Hi friends!
First of all, i want to send my greetings for turey because he´s work make our life and playing easier!
That´s my second time making my install from turey installer, but i haven´t been as sucessful as i have been in the first time.
I´ve enough space in disk (more than 8 Gb), and i usually disable my firewall and antivirus for downloading something from secure channels, so i believe that what is happening doesn´t have nothing to do with my conection.
I´m doing as i have done in the first time, unzipping everything and installing it in an apropriate place in my disk.
However, something happen dudring the installation and the program simply stop doing the download!
It still have its progress bar on working or donwloading with some % of one of the archives, however, it don´t do anything more.
I checked and the program still being viewed as working in the windows (it ´s not non responding).
Today complete 24 hrs that i just left my pc turned on for downloading the game, but it still in the same place that it was something aroun 20 hrs ago.

It´s not possivble to copy and paste from the installation progress place, so.....
See ya.

If you kill the Installer and start it again, it'll resume from close to where it was.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Hi friends!

See ya.

If you kill the Installer and start it again, it'll resume from close to where it was.

Thanks, it look like working now.
See ya.
A flying doctor in the middle of dogfighting game? it's better to come back to my books...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@Turey: maybe make the Installer sense if a file has had no connectivity within an hour, and have it auto-restart with the same options as the first time it was run?  That's help, as I had to have someone else do the same thing with his Install.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
@Turey: maybe make the Installer sense if a file has had no connectivity within an hour, and have it auto-restart with the same options as the first time it was run?  That's help, as I had to have someone else do the same thing with his Install.

It should detect timeouts and skip files.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
...Then, for some reason, it's hanging.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
It's done that to me a few times.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

turey I gotta do the installer thing all over again, I lost teh hard drive again and just got done reloading it.

Just a note for anybody using vista, don't up date and realtek drivers through windows update. Or else a week later you will be downloading Tureys installer all over again.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
FreeSpace Open Installer: Celebrating One Year of Serving the Community.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
*Claps loudly*

Congrats Turey! Keep up the good work!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

One year of perfection, thank you again turey for being a genius.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Eh.... not quite perfection... but practice.  And we know what practice makes.  ;)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Eh.... not quite perfection... but practice.  And we know what practice makes.  ;)

Babies?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

If thats the case then I should have more kids than turey has updates :)

Offline RazorsKiss

• The Cutting Edge
    • RazorsKiss.net
I might have that many.
Fringespace - Tachyon: Revived   ModDB Listing   Razorskiss.net 

You only think you can outfly me.

Thats scary man, I only have 2 living here and one in the Navy

Can somebody tell me why my download is so slow? I have more then enough bandwith, and still it won't load fast. I downloaded yesterday almost the entire day, and today since 11 a clock. right now im at "sparky_hi_fs2.vp" and it feels like 2kb/sec..what am I doing wrong? No firewall or stuff like that, everything else works perfect.