Author Topic: Final ME3 MP DLC content revealed  (Read 9883 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Re: Final ME3 MP DLC content revealed
so anyone do citadel DLC, thoughts?
I hate My signature!

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
apparently you get to see Drunk!Javik and get a "SHEPARD" contest from wrex and grunt

sounds good to me

Offline Luis Dias

The trailer is actually awesome.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
it's the best thing. proof is contained in the following spoiler box but it's a HUGE spoiler

Spoiler:
the villain is an evil clone of shep and s/he says 'I should GO' menacingly

Offline Luis Dias

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I've GOT to see the walkthroughs :D

(That merc's line about the tonight's performance being brought to you by random acts of violence was probably one of the best one liners of Mass Effect)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:55:34 am by Luis Dias »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Lots of humor and inside jokes in the Citadel DLC. For some reason I found fights in this DLC to be harder than any previous DLC or original campaign. And for the first time in ME3, we have an opponent who actually uses powers, excluding banshees.

Well, now that Bioware is done with ME3 in both singleplayer and multiplayer content, I guess we can now sit back and wait for ME4 news. I'll keep playing ME3 multi more or less though.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
it's the best thing.

well, they checked off another Sci-Fi trope ... It's well made but
Spoiler:
come on, there was no way around having Brooks figured out after the casio mission

For some reason I found fights in this DLC to be harder than any previous DLC or original campaign.

Disrupter Drones and the multi-grenades made a lot of difference, otherwiese the mercs are not much different from the Ceberus Troops

Lots of humor and inside jokes in the Citadel DLC.

That's the best part, once again they managed to get some really comic and touching moments in there ... Krogan Birthday Party FTW :D
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Tell me Batts is truthful.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Tell me Batts is truthful.

About what's in the spoiler-tags? - yep, that's true
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I was pretty underwhelmed by the Omega DLC - I enjoyed SP and From Ashes, but the only thing keeping my interest in Mass Effect is the multiplayer... which I'll continue to play until no one else does.  Don't think I'm going to both with Citadel.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Well, even though I found all ME3 singleplay DLC a bit underwhelming all things considered, I still like to support ME franchise and Bioware. It's not like those DLCs are going to break my wallet. Yeah, I own all DLC for all three ME games.

it's the best thing. proof is contained in the following spoiler box but it's a HUGE spoiler

Spoiler:

And right after,
Spoiler:
RealShep is sitting there going "Do I really sound like that?  Why didn't anybody tell me?  I'm open to feedback here guys!

It's lighthearted but it is genuinely funny a fair amount of the time.  Lots of meta-humor though.  Overheard NPCs conversations ripped straight out of the BSN multiplayer forums, right down to the favored cheese tactics and odd behaviors - "So we had just taken down this Atlas, and out of nowhere a drell comes up and just starts kicking there air.  And I think that drell stole my grenades!"

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Finished Citadel DLC last night. It was... really good. Like others have said, both very funny and very touching. Lots of "awwww!" moments, lots of fits of laughter. It's a celebration of the Mass Effect franchise past and present, and it really made me smile remembering all the good memories. A great way to send ME3 off.

Oh, and Robin Sachs may be dead, but Zaeed always makes it out alive. Big goddamn hero, he was.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Luis Dias

Spoiler:

Having watched the walkthrough in youtube, I must say that Batts is so wrong in here. This DLC was actually very good, and the focus of the story on that spoiled tag otherwise hilarious wtf actually makes sense, given how this DLC is a "goodbye to all" from BioWare's Sheppard's trilogy. It is fitting that it focuses on Shepard and what makes him special. It's also fitting that the mood is joyful and trollish, filled with hilarious banter throughout (the scene where Shepard easily solves an "unsolvable problem" is comedy gold). The only gripe I have with it is with the ending, which steals a scene from....The Mummy Returns (JFC).

Then we are gifted with a party, with lots of things to do, chat and so on (listening to Wrex and co remembering their deeds in ME1 and ME2 was very nice). If this was included in the game itself, I'd think that most of the drama would have been avoided. Emotionally fitting. This is the best ME3 DLC by far.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Wait why does that make me wrong

Offline Luis Dias

Because the trailer is not "the best thing" of the DLC.

Or I misunderstood you.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I was saying the
Spoiler:
evil Shep clone
thing was amazing.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Dangit, do I have to buy and play this damn thing now?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Just as I thought I was out, you guys pulled me back in...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I have to say I really did enjoy this DLC, although I haven't even finished the entire thing quite yet.

Spoiler:
Grunt's Birthday Party was very amusing. :lol:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.