Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269240 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hmm.  If 10 FPS isn't acceptable, I've been playing World of Tanks at unacceptable framerates for eight months.
Its an acceptable frame rate if you have like no standards. I for one have considered anything under 20fps pretty much unacceptable/unplayable ever since I was old enough to start paying for my own pc stuff. 

To anyone who has mw3 running. How bad is it crashing for you? For me its pretty much instant CTD whenever something collides into something else.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline LHN91

Hmm.  If 10 FPS isn't acceptable, I've been playing World of Tanks at unacceptable framerates for eight months.
Its an acceptable frame rate if you have like no standards. I for one have considered anything under 20fps pretty much unacceptable/unplayable ever since I was old enough to start paying for my own pc stuff. 

To anyone who has mw3 running. How bad is it crashing for you? For me its pretty much instant CTD whenever something collides into something else.

If you're on a modern system, it's probably the physics being glitchy. In my experience, it runs best on 32bit OS's and with hardware that isn't recent AMD (at least 4000 series and up). Honestly, it seems to run wonderfully in HW render mode on an Intel GMA950. Probably the only game in history to do so  :p

Also, IIRC, it doesn't like SW render on newer systems.

Take this all with a grain of salt, I haven't tried in a couple months.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
There is a mission editor, though I'm not sure how robust it is. I get the feeling the MW modding community is mostly focused on multi. Maybe the tools for good user-made campaigns just aren't there, but I think it's more of a lack of will.

Yeah, Mektek's mekpaks were made more for multi which I always thought was a shame. But what about modifying things like graphics? I know there's a HD patch for it so its possible.

I finished playing MW3 and Pirate's Moon again just last week with almost no crashes, what I did was follow what the guy in this link says:

http://www.mektek.net/forums/topic/179122-mw3-100-working-windows-7-64bit/

My pc is old and I was also having all the usual problems with running MW3, after following that I managed to complete the game with no worries.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Cheers, I'll give that a try.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enzo03

As far as I understand, actual mods for MW4/mercs require practically taking apart the program and modifying it to support specifically made new assets and then putting the program back together in a way so that the program understands how to run it.  Might have worded it incorrectly, but that's what sometimes happens when I paraphrase an idea from my thoughts.  Basically the game is not meant to support any sort of mods at all and getting it to work with modifications requires some extremely low level tinkering with the game itself, if only compared to other games that have mods.

Mapping, on the other hand, is obviously fully supported, otherwise there wouldn't be an official map editor (though the modified versions of the editor are better, kinda like Atan's versions of D3Edit for Descent 3 being better than the official versions).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:38:20 pm by Enzo03 »
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Enzo03

At first I thought that Atlas may be a bit too large.
I mean sure, it's supposed to be big, but likely no taller than 14 or 15m.
The one in the trailer looked vastly taller than 15m...

...then I looked at sarna.net and saw this:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/7/7f/WarhammerInternalSchematics.jpg

Pilot standing beside it for scale.  Human-to-mech size ratio might be correct for the Atlas after all.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Didn't realize they deployed them like that sometimes.  That was like something out of Gundam.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I SEE AN ARCHER WTFWTFWTF HAS HARMONY GOLD RELENTED?

No seriously, if the other 'Mech visible at 0:39 isn't an ARC-2R I'll eat my socks. There's another one visible at 1:06 but I can't get a good idea of what it is.

They also set it at 3049.

One year before the Clan Invasion.

This is going to be fun.

Didn't realize they deployed them like that sometimes.  That was like something out of Gundam.

There are multiple methods of combat drop elaborated on in the books, and we actually saw orbital drops in MW3 and low altitude in MW4. This particular drop doesn't seem that dissimilar from the sort described in the Operation Serpent books for the attack on Huntress. (although it's been awhile since I read that scene, I should again)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I still can't get a good look, but from the shot at 00:28, I think that's a Battlemaster in the background.

A ****ing Battlemaster.

brb cleaning jizz out my underwear.

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I just wish it had a single player campaign... Oh well, it'll still be nice to have more mech games.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I just wish it had a single player campaign... Oh well, it'll still be nice to have more mech games.

Same. I'm glad for more more Mechwarrior, but I'm just not into competitive multi enough to get too excited about this. I'm hoping this and Hawken will revive the genre somewhat though.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
it's NOMINAL GOD DAMN IT

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

the studio says they know and they'll try to fix it<3

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
it's NOMINAL GOD DAMN IT

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

****ING THIS.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Oh **** I watched the trailer without sound at work earlier. Now I hear it. WTF?? All systems ONLINE??? WHAT IS THIS ****!?

Good to hear they're on it, though.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

I know I'm going to lose major nerd cred for this...

What am I missing here?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline LHN91

Go and listen to the mission start up sequence from more or less any Mechwarrior game (at least 2 and 3). The start up sequence ALWAYS ends with "All systems, NOMINAL" not online.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
it's NOMINAL GOD DAMN IT

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sadly that occurred to me about watching number two as well, but it was too late.

A Feddie Story

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/02/151-wednesday-hot-drop

One never became used to it. The fall. The drop from the heavens to the hells of the battlefield. The jolts became harder, more frequent. Com-chatter non-existent, she wondered how many of these she had been on. Hell, she knew of at least twelve drops in this Leopard alone. Her recon lance, long veterans of being in the first wave, were around her, though she could not see them. Suddenly her ‘Mech came to life, and she toggled all systems on, running a quick check. Reactor online, Sensors online, Weapons online, All Systems Nominal. Purring like a kitten, she thought, giving a thumbs up to the ‘tech looking at her.

;7

EDIT: Oh, and this:

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/02/152-wednesday-hot-drop-bonus

On a much more sad note, the following is a special report on the final hours of one of the universes best and most courageous 'MechWarriors. Inner Sphere News has obtained a writeup of his final hours.

“Get them on the ship, I don’t care how!”

His heat in the red-line, he kept moving left and right, blocking any enemy forward movement. His frontal armour was shredded, nearly gone. His left arm lay on the ground somewhere behind him, the unfortunate recipient of a PPC shot.

“Sir you need to withdraw, we’re the last transport out. The enem-“

“I withdraw and no-one makes it off this rock. You worry about loading those civvies and that recon lance, I’ll worry about these ‘Mechs!” Blake growled.

A PPC and three large lasers smashed into a Jenner that poked its head over a hill, too close to the Leopard dropship on the ground. Blake fired three bursts as well, the first two shredded the left leg, the final pushed it over as the joint collapsed. Blake could see the ‘Mechbay of the Leopard even from here as he glanced back – they were tossing out anything they could to make room for hurt and hungry children… He turned back to the battle.

The enemy ‘Mechs, likely assuming they were facing a well dug in, larger force, were waiting before they assaulted his position. The Leopards PPC’s certainly added to that theory. Perfect, he thought, grinning.

Four enemy ‘Mechs – two lights and two mediums – never saw him coming as he flanked them to the right. He lowered the left shoulder of his Atlas, crashing into a Jenner, crushing its canopy between his shoulder and fist. Slow to react, the other pilots could only watch in terror as he turned, then charged into a Centurion, crushing its left arm and toppling it over. With a disgusted sneer he fired his AC/20’s through the cockpit and stepped on its chest, collapsing it as he strode through the shower of metal.

“Sir, we’ve completed boarding, but we think we’ve made room for you to-“

“Belay that, you take off now.”

Silence stretched on the line before the radio came to life again.

“You’ll be remembered for this, Commander Cripes.”

“Shut up and get out of here” was the only reply.

As the radio operator looking down, Leopard lifting through the atmosphere and still firing it’s weapons in support, the last thing anyone saw of Commander Blake ‘Hell Fist’ Cripes was his ‘Mechs right fist colliding with a Centurion, crushing what was left of its AC-ruined torso armour, as a rain of LRM’s fell upon him.