Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269253 times)

That machinegun sounds like the minigun from the original Unreal Tournament ...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Cool video, very pretty. TBH I'm probably more excited for HAWKEN though.

Well they're both F2P if I'm not mistaken?  I think I'll dabble in both, Hawken has a bit of a cool MASCHINEN KRIEGER vibe to its designs.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Hawken is a multiplayer FPS with a one-time purchase price (so not an MMO), Mechwarrior Online I guess is, which I didn't realize when I wrote that. I might mess around with it once it comes out for that purpose, but the combat just doesn't look as engaging to me - it lacked a sense of scale and any "oomph" to the weapons.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hawken is a multiplayer FPS with a one-time purchase price (so not an MMO)

Hawken is free to play

I might mess around with it once it comes out for that purpose, but the combat just doesn't look as engaging to me - it lacked a sense of scale and any "oomph" to the weapons.

I assume you're talking about Hawken here? I can't really tell but since Hawken seems the less weighty and oomphy I assume it is

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I'm looking forward to firing up a house steiner scouting Atlas, defy their classes.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Hawken is a multiplayer FPS with a one-time purchase price (so not an MMO)

Hawken is free to play

I might mess around with it once it comes out for that purpose, but the combat just doesn't look as engaging to me - it lacked a sense of scale and any "oomph" to the weapons.

I assume you're talking about Hawken here? I can't really tell but since Hawken seems the less weighty and oomphy I assume it is

I disagree, I think Hawken is more oomphy. But I didn't know it's free to play, that's awesome! :D

Hawken looks to be more angled towards FPS gameplay than a big stompy mech sim (though I could be looking at it all wrong). As for the oomph, when dealing with assaults/heavies , everything is supposed to bounce off the ridiculously thick armor. Pump a couple of AC20 rounds into a Jenner and see how that fares  :P
No Warhawks or Uziels makes me sad panda, but nevertheless looks really promising.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I doubt either Hawken or MWO will be quite as good as MWLL. What a fantastic game. I wouldn't sneer at it at retail price.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
You know, I've been trying to play MWLL, but I couldn't get it to install right. I'll have to try it again.
Hawken is more of an FPS thing, and more fast-paced, so I'm pretty excited about it.

MW3 felt really stompy, this one I'm not so sure. The missiles looked pretty weak in that trailer (like, looked weak, I don't know how much DPS they do), and again the lack of scale (besides some trees and small rocks?) really threw me. Plus it looks like the mechs don't have much "mass" but I won't know for sure until I play it.

You know, I've been trying to play MWLL, but I couldn't get it to install right. I'll have to try it again.
Hawken is more of an FPS thing, and more fast-paced, so I'm pretty excited about it.

MW3 felt really stompy, this one I'm not so sure. The missiles looked pretty weak in that trailer (like, looked weak, I don't know how much DPS they do), and again the lack of scale (besides some trees and small rocks?) really threw me. Plus it looks like the mechs don't have much "mass" but I won't know for sure until I play it.

I didn't really have a problem with the missiles, but the issue of scale does bug me a bit. Though I don't know if we can judge until the game is actually released, as so far it is till very much a work in progress.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
You may or may not be aware that a closed beta is now live. You might as well register and see if you get in. Registering reserves a username as well so you're probably going to have to do it anyways come release.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/05/265-closed-beta-invites-arriving-now

They also figured out a way to make money for the game on release day using founder's packs.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/05/259-operation-inception
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Now they really can shut up and take my money.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I've had my name reserved for... jeez, over six months now.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Pretty much the same, tbh.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
aye, same here.
However, they can't shut up and take my money yet until they do cool stuff for the EU too.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

For some clarification...

Quote from: Operation Clarification Article on MWOmercs
...The reason this announcement stated 'North America' is that it's for North American servers – As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide. We may also run a similar Operation for other regions, therefore we are required to recommend that for the best play experience you register and play in your region in the near future. However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

Basically, you can only access the founders pack if you play on North American region servers AFAIK.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So, the last of the 12 initial 'Mechs is the Stalker.

And damn but if it doesn't look amazing.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Yup. Looks awesome. Still not officially confirmed that there will only be 12 at the start. For all we know, there may be a 13th!*

*I have no intention of getting your hopes up. Just stating facts.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
More information on Founder's Package for EU players:

For our European players, here is the answer you have been looking for: Yes, you can buy the Founder’s Package and you will never be blocked from continuing to play on the North American servers. Also, when servers are setup in your region, you will be given a onetime opportunity to transfer to those region’s servers taking everything you own with you