Author Topic: New script!  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by StarGunner:
 Whatch it sir, I am not like The peopple at Inferno (no ofens), who think size is all that matters, and that the shivans are the only ones who can build them that big. I am not Insane.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-07-2001).]

Sorry to say this but i think it's a insult at me Woomeister and everyone els who works on the project,And don't you come and tell us that we say size does matter,you don't even know what the whole background of the stor is.And we have more small ships then big or HUGE ones.And indeed you are not like the Inferno staff otherwise we would have seen some result.   and read what we have to say on the Inferno board,and on the site then you'll be informed better so you cant post crap about it anymore.

And you and me know that you have said rather insulting things about the work we did for the campaign.untill you know more please shut up about inferno unless you have something usefull and none insulting to say about it.

Originally posted by StarGunner:
Calmdown dude, I ment no offense. I was just telling him that I don't like to go and take on some thing that can kill me and my ships in notime flat ok.

And you wont get killed in a sec,like we dump the whole mission only whit huge ships i played a few missions they where fun not to easy and not to hard.
------------------

------------------
                           [email protected]                         Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858

[This message has been edited by darkage (edited 09-09-2001).]
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Neon

Stargunner, you still haven't replied to jonskowitz, and its a good question!  

If they have more firepower than the shivans   , and they had the tecnology to build colony ships of THAT size   ...  why the hell do they needed help?  

The gtva could survive with ships way more week than the sathanas!  

(Just a note: Even an hecate could destroy a sathanas... With decent fighter cover, striking from behind... 2 hecates could kill lots of sathanas...)

Originally posted by Neon:
Stargunner, you still haven't replied to jonskowitz, and its a good question!  

If they have more firepower than the shivans   , and they had the tecnology to build colony ships of THAT size   ...  why the hell do they needed help?  

The gtva could survive with ships way more week than the sathanas!  

(Just a note: Even an hecate could destroy a sathanas... With decent fighter cover, striking from behind... 2 hecates could kill lots of sathanas...)

They just don't have the man power or the strength to fight of the Shivans all by them selves, and the sathanas fleet at Coplla was only the ferst wave in my story.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Darkage, consider yourself vindicated. Now let's drop it, okay? Be mature this time, and rest assured that you are recognised for it.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

and assuming that shivans are dumb, let a sathanas flying dead ahead on his own and w/o any fighter cover (ok, volition did that. Sometimes, I wonder if volition people think about what they're doing... oh, yes, maybe we share our ubber smart Command...)
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by venom2506:
and assuming that shivans are dumb, let a sathanas flying dead ahead on his own and w/o any fighter cover (ok, volition did that. Sometimes, I wonder if volition people think about what they're doing... oh, yes, maybe we share our ubber smart Command...)

In my campian we will fight them all off, and then the mane fleet of shivans will come in with the Hive mothership of my shivan fleet.

The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Neon

Hive Mothership?

That is based on a theory that said that the shivans spent their whole evolutionary time in a zero-gravity enviroment, isn't it?

(What kind of ship is able to kill a ship of THAT size?)  

Let's stop to put this in perspective...

It took the GTVA 20 years to build just one Colossus, and even it wasn't a match for even a single Shathanas.

Your argueing that your refugee fleet consists of between 6-8 battlewagons, each one is capable of taking on two or even three Shathanas' going toe-to-toe without support (for even more perspective,  During the entire Great war the GTA and the PVA had about that many destroyers between both of them in the area of the conflict).  Since we're assuming they lost the war against the Shivans, this means that this is the smallest remament of thier fleet (maybe one third or even less).  This means that the Shivans (who's tech base hasn't significantly changed at least since the war against the Ancients) would have at to attack with almost 100 Shathanas' to win (how many were seen in the nebula, about a dozen? maybe).  And this doesn't even include any other defenses that they may have had.

Does this seem reasonable to you?
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Hive Mothership?

That is based on a theory that said that the shivans spent their whole evolutionary time in a zero-gravity enviroment, isn't it?

(What kind of ship is able to kill a ship of THAT size?)    

No ship can you will have to play it smart, and as for the Battle ships they cant billd more to fight the shivans until they fined a place that is safe, and the shivan fleet will not get there until about the middl of the campian.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-12-2001).]

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
funny how you criticize inferno, but after all your new species had huge ships, shivan have huge (hive??? lol I won't say nothing... )ships...

Jonskowitz, if my memory serves me well, there was about 80 sathanas involved during the capella incident. That fleet is about instopable by any conventional meaning, if you ask me. And where the hell were the hundreds of destroyers and the thousands of cruiser you could have supposed to be used as cover for the juggernaughts (well I suppose they were kept away from the nova, but anyway I suppose such a fleet should exist, and leave only during the final stages of the shivan operation).
SCREW CANON!

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by Setekh:
Darkage, consider yourself vindicated. Now let's drop it, okay? Be mature this time, and rest assured that you are recognised for it.    

It's cool i droped it 10 min after my mad post   ill be a nice boy from now on      

Or face the HeAdZe   see siggy
Oops wrong this   should be this a big grin

------------------

------------------
                           [email protected]                         Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858

[This message has been edited by darkage (edited 09-12-2001).]
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

funny how you criticize inferno, but after all your new species had huge ships, shivan have huge (hive??? lol I won't say nothing... )ships...

Jonskowitz, if my memory serves me well, there was about 80 sathanas involved during the capella incident. That fleet is about instopable by any conventional meaning, if you ask me. And where the hell were the hundreds of destroyers and the thousands of cruiser you could have supposed to be used as cover for the juggernaughts (well I suppose they were kept away from the nova, but anyway I suppose such a fleet should exist, and leave only during the final stages of the shivan operation).

It will be only 16 km that is not like the 23.7 km of the Gigas in inferno, and the colony ships are not ment for combat at all, think of them as a base that can bild and lonch the battleships only when it is not moving. As for the 16 colny ships they are all that is left of there intyr race.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I don't get this anymore this all weird you can't draw a straight line in the story OR the ships.

------------------

------------------
                          [email protected]                        Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Originally posted by darkage:
I don't get this anymore this all weird you can't draw a straight line in the story OR the ships.

If it was a streat line you would know the campian plot allredy.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Thats not what i ment,You tell something about a ship and then 3 post later you twist the whole story and the ships.

First you said they werent powerfull enough to take on the shivans.And then they could blow up 2 sathanies each,so now i wonder are they weak or are they strong.You get the point?

------------------

------------------
                          [email protected]                        Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

My mistake, it's been a while since I even played FS2.  Still, 80 of the damn things seems to be a pretty massive comitment for the Shivans (and is still below the 100 ship limit needed to even have a shot).  Of course the Shivans will use hoards of support craft, but so will StarGunner's race.  (The fact is that it still looks like SG's race would have won Capella...)

Originally posted by darkage:
Thats not what i ment,You tell something about a ship and then 3 post later you twist the whole story and the ships.

First you said they werent powerfull enough to take on the shivans.And then they could blow up 2 sathanies each,so now i wonder are they weak or are they strong.You get the point?

That was the Reace as a hole there just is not enuf lft of them to take on the Shivans, and there masive fleet. The battleship is the only ship that can take out 2 sathanies, and they don't have that meny left, and think the 8 they have all take on 80 sathanies they would loos.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-13-2001).]

well no kidding, of course the refugee fleet would get its arse kicked at Capella, I was referring to thier full strength fleet prior to them getting stomped.

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
well no kidding, of course the refugee fleet would get its arse kicked at Capella, I was referring to thier full strength fleet prior to them getting stomped.

nope not even then, the shivans are just too mich for enny one fleet to kill them all by them self.