Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844093 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Like we said previously, it would be preferred for us to make brand new high-res textures for every one of our new HTL models, but we simply do not have the manpower to do so.  In fact, we are at the nadir of understaffing as of now than ever.

So as for now, a smear job of a low-res texture on a HTL model is the best we can do.  But then again like you guys mentioned, a smear is still just a smear.

Well, we have 4 active team members here on HLP and a few more contributing from outside the community, and this situation is far better compared to that we had to face a few months ago. In fact, progress has been quite encouraging recently. :)

That said, however, the need for expert texturers remains.

Inferno? Understaffed for texture artists? Whatever happened to FSK?

He's doing something, but we can rely on him for everything. More help would be greatly appreciated.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

FSKing's handiwork. :pimp:

Offline peterv

FSKing rules  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He does indeed! Go FSKing!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Speaking of FSK! Wow!

Will the cockpit be HQ too?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Awesome.

Also, is that the cleaned-up mesh I did? >_>
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Awesome.

Also, is that the cleaned-up mesh I did? >_>

This is FSKing's screenshot, and he's using the older model.  We will UVmap his texture to your version of the ship soon.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Awesome stuff, but I'm suggesting you should focus on unifinished models than on makeing ingame models better. As I know, some of models still needs work - Nemesis for example. I want to see Moonred's HTL in action ;D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well at the moment we don't have anyone to map the Nemesis sadly. It is probably the top priority of the completed unmapped meshes we have though.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Get it in-game unmapped, it'll still look awesome. :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Well at the moment we don't have anyone to map the Nemesis sadly. It is probably the top priority of the completed unmapped meshes we have though.

It's not like it really needs maps. Just say they painted everything white rather than using any of the grey.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

It's not like it really needs maps. Just say they painted everything white rather than using any of the grey.
Woo was thinking about uvmapping, that's different thing than the new textures. They have enough textures for Nemesis, very pretty textures :).
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well yeah, our EA tile map were upgraded years ago, it's what all our current gen EA ships use.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
...which doesn't mean those maps can't be upgraded one more time. ;)

What Rampage showed you was just one of the screenshots FSK took for us. :) Here are the others:

The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow, it really looks like some kind of stylized bird idol from beneath. Classy. :cool:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Don't take what I'm about to say too seriously... :nervous:

When I first saw this, the rear fins reminded me of this:

My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Awesome. Looks more unique than other bombers :yes:,

Offline carn1x

Oh these other screenshot make it look much nicer. The first one floating around just looked wierd and bent like somebody stepped on it and didn't quite fix it properly and hoped nobody noticed.

Impressed+++++++, would drool over again.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The first one floating around just looked [weird] and bent like somebody stepped on it and didn't quite fix it properly and hoped nobody noticed.

That screenshot was taken with a orthogonal view of the model, so the distortion you saw was expected.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
These look nice, EA is ****yeah awesome