Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844383 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That was Rampage jumping the gun a bit for how fast the dumped Ryujin would be released. It will be released seperately, but probably not 'soon'

However I can say to expect a big announcement on something within the next 24 hours :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oooooh

Ah, good to know there's news coming about this. I've been working with old INFR1 assets for a good half year now trying to make my own campaign, but having updated and new models would definitely help as well.

- JC
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
AAAAAaaaargh damn! i gonna have to wait until the end of the week to see what this big annoucement is  :( damn uni trip!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hmm, well I don't think any of the staff will be on to do ask for any changes to the post I'm planning so I may move it to today then. Rampage is away and Mobius probably won't show up today.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
and done:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74712.0

Future eyecandy will still go in this thread though.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
That was Rampage jumping the gun a bit for how fast the dumped Ryujin would be released. It will be released seperately, but probably not 'soon'

Yeah.  Jumped gun.  Sorry if that confused the Community.

Rampage is away and Mobius probably won't show up today.

I still have access to the web but will not be working to release anything in the next few days.  Expect more eyecandy in the upcoming week, though.

-R

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
EA Missile Cruiser (WIP) :pimp:

-R
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:26:39 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Sweeeeeet.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Vaygr EA science cruiser (WIP) :pimp:

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Will it be made of paper like the Faustus? :P

Offline mr.WHO

EA Missile Cruiser (WIP)

Will it replace Aeasacus or Eclipse or will be a third cruiser?

BTW with Darkness missile barrage shot in 10th Anniversary topic it looks like EA will be a bit more missile heavy :)
You know, 10 years ago when I first saw Inferno ship gallery (months before R1 release) I imagine EA ships with no beams but with FS1 high power plasma cannons (kinda like R1 EA blob turrets) and missiles. I really love EA silver beams but I'm still kind nostalgic about that no-beamz EA :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Man the EA always gets the most awesomest ships!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No-beamed EA would be too much UEF-like. The two main mods dealing with the return to Earth shouldn't be too similar that way IMHO. I think it's good that the EA have beams, and powerful ones to boot.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No-beamed EA would be too much UEF-like. The two main mods dealing with the return to Earth shouldn't be too similar that way IMHO. I think it's good that the EA have beams, and powerful ones to boot.
They have railguns and missiles as supplementary though, same as the GTVA which have lots of secondary capital weapons.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Sweeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!! science crusier based on vagyr/tadiani frigate,  not sure what missile cruiser is based, if its based on anything. Its looking awesome, Are these replacing exsiting cruisers?

I think its a good idea to give the EA other weapons, as i thought their weapons in R1 where basically the same as the GTVA's cept white beams.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:36:01 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I hope they don't replace existing cruisers, the Aesacus and Eclipse are iconic Inferno...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
You INF guys rock. :yes:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The missile cruiser, known as the EAC Soter, will not replace either cruiser from classic Inferno.  Instead it will feature as a defensive/support ship by firing long-range missiles behind the front lines.  It will not carry the iconic EA silver beam cannon but will carry long-range mass drivers, dealing pain and death to smaller (cruiser and smaller support vessels), not unlike the Vaygr Trinity Cannon from HW2.

EA beam cannon technology (or "flux cannons" as I like to call them) is quite different from those used by the GTVA, since they have no Vasudan-influenced technology.  Instead it is a proprietary design based off of the Lucifer's flux cannons from the wreckage and perfected over the course of INFA.  It is supposed to be weaker on a per-shot basis but use less power and thus can fire faster (currently not balanced).

BTW, although we take a lot of influence (a good thing) from the Homeworld series (and other sources) when designing our ships, we do not rip any ships directly from the game and claim it as our own (something one should never do).  All meshes are either redesigned from scratch or modified for FS2 and used with permission from the donor (e.g. - the EAD Basileus).  Nevertheless, we never fail to give credit to where it's due.

-R
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:06:05 am by Rampage »

I must admit, I'm really liking the Vaygr influences in some of the newer EA ships. It blends well with their existing designs.