Author Topic: I have the fullversio and I want to share it, but....  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Molish

I have the fullversio and I want to share it, but....
Well, here's the scoop. I've wanted FS2 for god knows how long, and don't feel like I should have to pay 100$ for the e-bay editions. :mad:

Soooo, I "found" my own copy on Warez p2p. I want to share it with everyone that felt like I did, so I plan on setting up ftp site.
Warning though, I only have a ADSL with a 256K upstream and a 1.5Mbps Downstream.

There are 3 problems with this. First off, It's the low resolution copy. I've been trying to get onto that Freespace 2 FTP server with the high rez file on it, but it's always full. The 2nd problem is there is no music, but that isn't that big of a deal.

The third problem is the toughest of them all. I've spent the past 2 hours going through possable configurations for my FTP site (I'm useing NoFeel FTP Server). My network configuration is DSL modem (useing bridge mode - IP address: 68.21.9.43 ), router (is assinging all the IP address - Ip address:192.168.0.2), and my PC (Ip address 192.168.0.5). Now, Useing CuteFTP as the client end program, I can connect useing the IP address 192.168.0.5 just fine, but when I try the 68.21.9.43 address I get "The remote host actively refused the attempt to connect to it."
I know that the 192.168 address are for privately assinged DHCP, so it can't be gotten to useing that IP from the net. Anyone got suggestions?

I'm going to try and use the files from the DEMO to see if I can't "fake" the highrez and steal the music off it. Once I get it polished up I'll zip it into one big file for everyone to enjoy, but for now all you get is what I got.  :)

I don't really know this message board's policies about pirating, but since it's basically in limbo (the copy rights) and if no AdMin says anything, I'll keep it here for ya.

AdMin's- Just say the word and I'll nuke this post myself, I don't wanna get ya in trouble. I just wanna give everyone a chance to check this kick'n game that I know they've wanted to play forever (just like me).

Just playing one little mission in the low-rez mode has knocked my nutts off. I can't wait to see it in it's full glory. :eek:

Oh yea, and remember. I made this for you guys, becuase I know how alot of you feel. So please, don't hack/nuke/disrupt the FTP site. As it stands, I'll take it down IMMEDATELY if anything like this happeneds.

The server will be not be on a ratio, but if someone uploads the files I need I would be grateful. The files I need are as follows (and I'll have to test them first to see if they work)

sparky_hi_fs2.vp Contains the Hi -Res info for FS2. You need this to play in 1024x768 254MB
stu_fs2.vp Contains the voice files. 170MB
warble_fs2.vp Contains the music files 116MB
tangoX_fs2.vp 3 Files. Where X is 1 to 3. These contain the animations for the command briefings 311MB
smarty_fs2.vp The animations for the tech room. Probably the file you'll miss the least 120MB
Movie files The last 3 cut scenes were included (you'll only see 2 depending on whether you succeed or fail in the final mission) but the rest are missing 539MB
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 10:42:39 pm by 2066 »

Offline Lonestar

• Fred Zone Guru
    • United Gamers Coalition
I have the fullversio and I want to share it, but....
Sorry, the rights are still owned by Interplay and as far as i know we can't infringe on those rights. Freespace 2 to My knowledge is not a free product and is not listed as Shareware anywhere, therefore this post has to be nuked.

If you want to truely support the Freespace Franchise, please purchase a copy :)