Author Topic: A Sweven of BP  (Read 3777 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Or some Nagari fan-trip might be a better description?

I was on an empty red nebula when I got shunted towards a (modern) GTA fleet, after which I was required to run from... SOMETHING. I had no idea what, never caught a glimpse, I just knew it was very bad and I should not look back. I "escaped" by getting inside the SSD Luficer's hangar. Suddenly I found myself in some sort of lava lake (I am baffled by this one), in it was a Vishnan preserver-esque ship sinking, with a Vishnan voice mumbling about preserving/saving or destroying to prevent other life from being devoured by some from of cosmic horror. I lost the details but it had something to do with this. After some moments, Ken started to talk. Apparently I had sent out a greeting to which the Vishnans responded by trying to kill me at some point in order to stop the something from getting to me. After this, I was in a metro station in which some big columns housed elevators which I used... and then I woke up. Sadly, I already lost much of the details in the dream. This is all I managed to save from much more.

A small detail: For some reason, I had the voice of Samuel Bei (I am baffled about this one.)

Anyway, thanks to the acid trip I may now have the basics for a fan fic... or maybe a whole new story? I am not sure...

Offline Luis Dias

Stop playing BP. Seriously.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A "Sweven"?

* The E looks up word

Were "dream" or "vision" just too pedestrian?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline An4ximandros

The E: Yes. To be honest the whole thing was way too weird for me to think of it as a dream.

Luis: I have not played BP in months except for the time I posted about darkest hour due to me remembering about it glitching out on me early this year. :nervous:

Offline Luis Dias

I recommend this music video as therapy:

Offline Arpit

Seriously, now I have to reconsider where the massive Nagari activity in Sol is coming from.  :eek:

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
If BP fans start having dreams about the world, that's a sign of great success with world building, isn't it?

Offline kimo

If BP fans start having dreams about the world, that's a sign of great success with world building, isn't it?
No, it's a sign that Shivans are currently destroying some species near Sol.
Opportunities to observe the supernova in the upcoming decade increased by 25%

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
I thought this was about Sweden :P
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Luis Dias

Nagari already making some headway into Earth.

Think of a good furture. Now.

Offline FIZ

If Capella went Supernova, it would take 42.2 years to witness from Earth.

Offline Luis Dias

Would be a nice fireworks.

Offline Drogoth

Maybe we could go check it out ourselves sooner?

http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive

;)
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Arpit

Maybe we could go check it out ourselves sooner?

http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive

;)

:jaw:

Game life just became real.  :eek:

Brilliant  :yes:

Offline kimo

For Alpha Centauri it would take only 4.4 years.
(IIRC neither Alpha Centauri, nor Capella can turn into a supernova, but we are talking about Shivans here ;) )

Of course what we call Capella is actually a quaternary system consisting of two red dwarfs and two G-type stars about two and a half times the mass of the sun, none of which is represented in-game.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
To be honest I was always wondering if there is any BP-fan who thinks about BP as a real-life philosophy and worldview. As many things are inspired by parapsychology, oriental beliefs and others "might-be-possible" things etc. I assume they might be people similar to the Church of Jedi in the UK o___O. Guys, if you'are existing, don't try to contact the Vishnans and stay here, on Earth!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Well Darius has said that he wrote Mandho's monologue in AoA as an exposition about the changes in his own worldview, and there's obviously a lot of social analysis embedded in the worldbuilding.

Also the BP team have made contact with the Vishnans, who do you think they got to do their VA work?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline An4ximandros

Quote from: Darius
Unknown Entity/Entities as Shiva
Unknown Entity/Entities as Vishnu
:shaking: :shaking: :shaking: What has BP done?! :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:                                                         Us

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Guys, if you'are existing, don't try to contact the Vishnans and stay here, on Earth!
But earth sucks.
I wanna go to spaaaaaaace.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras