Author Topic: FRED Academy  (Read 270558 times)

Offline Nuclear1

I remember that Campaign 2 was part of Singh's Desperation series anyway.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Roanoke

wonder if he used my mission....

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That's right; I played a test version of Singh's campaign.  From what I could tell, he was doing fantastic work on it; I wonder if he's made any progress since then.

Having just started FREDing, I've found it far more addictive than I had anticiapted. Not having much experience with it either, I'd like to start in the Academy, and claim Campaign 3, mission 7, as I rather like doing in mission conversations.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Assigned. Welcome aboard :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I'd like to request another mission, campaign 3, mission 7a. Don't want to get rusty after making my first mission :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll play the mission you made and get back to you on that one :) I often tend to spot lots of mistakes that the FREDder hasn't :)

Offline Luigi30

I fell off the face of the earth.

Oh, and my HDD crashed, taking FS2 and my mission with it!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Are you going to try remaking it? Did you ever post it? I may have a copy lurking about somewhere if so.

Offline Luigi30

I'll reinstall FS2 and FS2open and try remaking the mission. I'm out of games to play (down to some Star Trek FMV game - bleh) anyway.

Offline Luigi30

DevIL.dll not found, FRED crashes.

Offline Luigi30

Okay, FRED works... sort of. The non-debug link is just FS2 3.6.5, which doesn't help much. The debug FRED spews something about OpenGL being below the required version, then craps itself and crashes.

Offline Luigi30

Okay, got it to work, but I've got a slight problem with initial orders. I want the Apos to have a stay still order, but that seems to require a ship parameter. Should I just select one to get it to shut up?

Offline Luigi30

I'm back up to about where I was when the HDD crashed: a framework with all required ships but little scripting. :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Start another thread for your mission if you've got questions Luigi.

Good to have you back on board.

As for the ship required if you use the SEXP instead of the initial order you'll notice that the info box tells you that the ship perameter isn't used for anything (which no doubt means that it's not used in initial orders either).

Hi!
Is this still going? I really could use some practice so I figured I'd check if the academy is still alive...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
it's still going, and it always will be, until HLP dies down (which won't be for a long time. :D)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The Academy doors are still open. Soon as someone posts a mission I'll test it.

Offline Luigi30

So yeah. My hard drive blew up again, taking my mission and FS2 with it. I have got to stop buying Western Digital :(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ouch. Are you planning to remake it once you've got a new one?