Author Topic: TBP with FSOpen  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Is it possible to play TBP without installing TBPs own exe file, like using standard FSOpen launchers and playing the TBP as a mod? Or are there any real risks getting the registry screwed up when installing it when i have the FS2 already installed? I remember that last time i tried this i got some odd registry errors but it was quite a long time ago (about 6 months or so).
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
One way is to just move the TBP data folder in to the mod folder in your main FS directory...

Though when I did that the techroom stopped working. CTD when playing TBP as a mod when trying to enter techroom. And I think the FS FRED was complaing something about the weapons tbl...

These are likely just problems in my system... And I didn't bother to work it out yet, 'cos been busy playing AoE3... :D
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The only problem I've ever had was the techroom problem Prophet mentions but that's cured by going to the campaign room and picking a TBP campaign  (or a FS2 one when you swap back)

Apart from that I've never had any problems.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]