Author Topic: Cruisers  (Read 2697 times)

Offline dragon1

According to most sources I've seen, the Hyperion/Midwinter-class Cruisers are really old. Do you guys know if there are any newer Earth Force cruisers that are considered canon? Will any be featured in the mod?

Thanks

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
AOG is half-canon so yes/no and yes eventually.

Offline redmenace

they have the posidon I think done or mostly done.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Its not a cruiser. :p

The Midwinter variant of the Hyperion is a modernized version upgraded with current systems, minus gravity engines. Though the Hyperion design is old, it is durable and well into use after the destruction of B5 as is the Olympus and the upgraded Nova. The Minbari Sharlin design has been in use over 200 years, proving age doesn't necessarily mean a ship goes obsolete. With the EA's abilities to retrofit, reverse engineer and incorporate new technologies into their ships, it is feasible to assume those designs can continue in service for quite a while.

There are no other canon Cruisers aside the Hyperion. The most advanced EA Cruiser in B5 Wars is the Hyperion Theta (Midwinter) with a new command suite.
Fear is the Mind-Killer...

Offline -Norbert-

And the only other EA cruiser I ever heard of is the (ablsolute non-cannon) Avenger, which looks like a cross between Warlock and Hyperion