Author Topic: Two campaign ideas...  (Read 2785 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
when I started thinkin about making a campaign for TBP I though about three different ideas of which I wanted to realize one...
my choise was "The Black Hand" which was my latest idea... but now I wonder waht to do with the other ones...
as "The Black Hand - Odysse", testing for madaboutgames and the walkthrough-tranlations for RavenTS are currently binding  much of my attention I can even think about starting on the other even if I wanted... although their concepts were extremly shorter than the one of "TBH"

"Eye of the Storm" (EoTS)
planned campaing describtion:
"You are in the eye of the storm. The battlegrounds you enter or leave transform into places of fire and destruction right behind or ahead of you. See the six months of suffering of the 2nd Narn-Centauri-War and the struggle of the last of a beaten race to regain their freedom... or to pay with death..."
Comment: It's a Narn-Centauri-War campaign... I thought that I would be too stuck in the series' plot while making it so didn't choose it
"Player Race": Narn

"Awakening of the Beast" [AotB]
planned campaign description:
"2263 - Peace has seetled throughout the galaxy... for now. The wars of the past are over. Earth is free. The ethernal struggle between Order and Chaos seems to be sorted once and for all. But still in remote places where darkness once deweled there is ... something what might crush the peace everyone hoped for such a long time..."
Comment: Mysterious, huh? - Well may be but in the end I didn't like it that much anymore...
"Player Race": EA

Now maybe some one would take on one of these... I'll guide the project as good as I can of course... not only with giving you an outline of plot but I don't want to take up more projects now...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

some firends of mine and I will take on AotB.... They did not their names to become public (dunno why) so I will post this under my nick
missions 1-4 are done so far...

Keep watching!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sounds good :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dipper

A request: please get someone capable to write your stories and such. As constructive criticism I have to mention that it really flattens the mood when there are so many gross mistakes in your (or who ever writes the stuff) spelling and grammar. It would really augment the quality of your campaign.

And one more thing. After playing the Black Hand I'd hope to see a more logical approach to the missions and the background info you receive before taking on the mission. It was a bit disturbing to play a cavalcade of single missions without any relevance to each other. But if your intention was to tie everything together at the end of the campaign, then dismiss this opinion ;o)

-Dip
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 10:46:14 am by Dipper »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
"Awakening of the Beast" [AotB]

Certainly mysterious. I would like to know that "the beast" is. B5 tradition has it that "the beast" must be an all powerful race called X hell bent on destroying all humans for reason Y. Hopefully it's something a little more imaginitive than that though.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

it is more... belive me (se your PM for details)

to the spelling thing... yeap I'm going to get me someone to help me out with speling and grammar

to the critcs at "The Black Hand" - I knew it that I need some more linking to be done at that place but there is still more to be come
"Bloody Cargo" (05) and "Hall of Secrects" (08) wil have an aftemath later on

==================