Author Topic: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP  (Read 61138 times)

Offline Slasher

Re: BHX Babylonian History X - WIP
Ow, I thought the Narn were supposed to get owned by the Centauri.  What goes around... :lol:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Centauri had help last time :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
A bit too much help :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm guessing that the real Narn fleet doesn't have many Bin'Taks, while the Centauri have loads more Primus class.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
The Bin'Tak Dreadnaught is the largest capital ship the Narns have produced.  Not many are in service as most were destroyed during the second Narn/Centauri war.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline ZhaHaDum1972

• What do you want?
Hey, just wanten you to know that the link to your BHX trailer is broken.
Zathrus know, but not know at same time.

I Am the Right hand of vengence. And the Boot That is going to kick your Sorry Ass all the way back to earth. I am death incarnet, And the last living thing you are ever going to see.
   GOD SENT ME!!!
Ivanova in Between the light and the Darkness."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I'm guessing that the real Narn fleet doesn't have many Bin'Taks, while the Centauri have loads more Primus class.

Yup, that's the problem. The campaign has no concept of that fact. I need to figure a way of teaching it that fact without introducing more variables. I've got some ideas.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
IIRC, there is a Centauri cap-ship which is kinda the success or to the Primus.  If we got that ship, it could be a match for the Bin'Tak.  It'd probably need another variable to count for that particular class.  For example, the Bin'Tak, the heavy Centauri warship I was referring to, the Vorlon Dreadnaught, and the Warlock class are all examples of ships whose firepower and strength put them into a class above other destroyers in their respective fleets... dreadnaughts... of course.  If some of your current variable restrictions are overcome, you could include support for these into BHX.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
you taking VA submissions for BHX here as well as for heat'em up?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline 0rph3u5

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
IIRC, there is a Centauri cap-ship which is kinda the success or to the Primus. 

Are you thinking of the Octurion? I've asked Maverick for that. I'm sure he'll get around to it eventually, once his latest round of tests are over with. I would imagine an Octurion rolling over a Bin'tak with ease. It should help redress the balance a bit. It would be nice if BHX understood the difference between a destroyer and a dreadnaught but I don't think it's going to happen in a hurry. I believe the SCP team are working on getting around the 100 campaign persistent variable limit, but there's still a limit of 100 variables (any type) per mission that limits how complex I can make things. I don't think that limit will be removed.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Slasher

...but there's still a limit of 100 variables (any type) per mission that limits how complex I can make things. I don't think that limit will be removed.

:(

Any idea why it can't be done?

Offline 0rph3u5

...but there's still a limit of 100 variables (any type) per mission that limits how complex I can make things. I don't think that limit will be removed.

:(

Any idea why it can't be done?

Many things could be done about it I guess
but most likely it's the coders who don't want missions to be flooded with variables...

==================

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
WIP - Update

Work is resuming on BHX :) The March/april release date had now been moved back till the end of may :)  All good things come to those who wait :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Here is some WIP.

Some of the new designs for the Race Selection Screens.

The final selction screen will include the 3d model (game pof)in the middle of the screen.

EA

Vorlons

Minbari

Release date is yet to be arranged.  Should be looking at summer.

*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline hamaxp

• vieteri kemu.jpg
How big is BHX gonna bee?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:59:22 pm by hamaxp »
i am so noob

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Bigger than the biggest thing ever.

Offline hamaxp

• vieteri kemu.jpg
so dy you have to donwload like ISA VS Minbari or isi a hole pak whit ISA Vs Ea Narn Vs caentauri or some thin like that? :) :)

sorry i was just trying to bee funny
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 01:35:40 pm by hamaxp »
i am so noob

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
so dy you have to donwload like ISA VS Minbari or isi a hole pak whit ISA Vs Ea Narn Vs caentauri or some thin like that?

yz smtin lek tat.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Now now, there's no need to mock the poor illiterate blighter...