Author Topic: Post your TBP DVD Questions and Comments here...  (Read 34703 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Post your TBP DVD Questions and Comments here...
Wow 40 downloads already today from ModDB alone. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shade

The torrent is getting a lot of traffic as well, saw over 50 people downloading at once at one point.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
yeah, I made some advertising on multiple Sci-Fi and Games webpages. Guess FUB and other people did so too.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Last time I logged into ModDB it was on the front page of the mod section so that should help.  Hopefully we'll get some decent multiplayer sessions going. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I also have been posting about TBP in other forums I frequent and it has been well received :)

hip63 :P
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Kassad

• Rock the Casbah!
    • http://kassad86.deviantart.com/
I need to uninstall the V3.4b I already have?

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I don't think there should be an issue to install over your existing 3.4b install.

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Uninstall it!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Then re-install it.
Now.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I agree uninstall and reinstall is probably for the best.  You can back up your data\players directory and then put it back if you want.  Same for any other stuff that you want to keep. 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
MMmmm-hmmm. yes :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Fallow

I love you guys soooo much right now  :D

My daughter and I just got into B5 6 months ago and have watched all the shows and movies and are now playing A Call To Arms miniatures game.

Just last night I was astonished to find a youtube vid of a B5 game by accident and discovered it was actually a Freespace2 conversion.

The thought of my daughter and I being able to play multiplayer missions in the B5 universe has driven me to build her a gaming computer, take a crash course in open source Freespace, learn how to work with torrents and figure out how to install all the TBP missions... all today!

Then I found the TBP DVD so I set it to d/l and ran off to pick up a dvd burner with lightspeed so we can have our discs labelled. 

I may get some sleep but, bah, why stop now?

Thanks again for all your hard work and attention to detail!
They only hold such power over you as you give them

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well after all that you might as well learn to FRED and make some new multiplayer missions.   :D

Offline Fallow

Well after all that you might as well learn to FRED and make some new multiplayer missions.   :D

Excellent Idea!  Then we can do the voice-overs too. Voice acting has always appealed to me as I've been acting the part of various characters since I started DM'ing back in 19... er... (lowers voice in embarrassment) 80.

On second thought maybe I shouldn't. I'm a perfectionist and a completionist with not enough time. :sigh:
The last time I tried writing levels/missions was for Monster Truck Madness and I LIVED it for 4 months straight.
My kids had forgotten who I was by then. "Hey ma... who's that red-eyed guy in pajamas sitting at Dad's computer? I wish he'd stop gibbering gleefully and drooling on Dad's keyboard."

ah... good times.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Add some empty beer bottle to that profile and you'll make a perfect FREDder. 

yeah, I made some advertising on multiple Sci-Fi and Games webpages. Guess FUB and other people did so too.

There I just pimped it up on . . . . four or so websites. Might get some more downloads

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

I have the DVD and like the idea of an install but when I went to print the Disc I found the black inner circle was too big for my Software and since I have no idea how to use photoshop I now have an unsightly black centre circle.
I was wondering if someone could redo TBP Disc Label.jpg so the centre hole is smaller than 22mm so that I will be able to burn full colour discs to give to all my friends here In South Australia.
Thanks for the help.

Almost forgot to say that I downloaded the file from Demonoid and have uploaded 2x and still going constantly at over 500Kbps. If possible I will continue to host this file until the next release.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:18:51 am by Early_Grayce »

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Here's something I threw together, hope it helps:

just cut your own hole :)

hip63 :p
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:34:52 am by hip63 »

Offline Fallow

Problems:

1)How do I install all the B5 Desktop items? The cursors, fonts, icons, sounds, images.

I can add them to the appropriate folders in windows but this doesn't give me a B5 desktop theme option.

2)How do I get OpenAL to work? I ran the OpenAL installer and it gave me the error 'Some OpenAL files were in use--a reboot will be required to complete installation'

I rebooted and ran the installer before doing anything else - same error.

I tried d/l a new copy of the OpenAL installer from the net - same error.

Thanks!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I'm not sure about the desktop stuff but you can find answers to the OpenAL stuff here:  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,56279.0.html