Author Topic: Post your TBP DVD Questions and Comments here...  (Read 34707 times)

Offline Andrew_Cluetain

• Modder Back from Shivan Space...
Re: Post your TBP DVD Questions and Comments here...
First off I am NOT using Vista, I have XP pro SP3.  Unfortunaly the game doesn't get far enough to create a fs2_open.log...  There might be a posiblity that the video card I have doesn't support OpenGL, thus I'm hosed...  :snipe: and unfortunalty too much has changed for me to "reverse port" the files back into retail FS2  :headz:
I've been part of the FS2 Comunity before but have been out of touch these last years and want to get back in the cockpit.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
I might have something to help but it will be next week before I can upload it...

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline CaptJosh

Re: RELEASE: The Babylon Project DVD v1.0
OK, I've got a question. Why the hell would you include an installer for an unsupported API? The Source Code Project is no longer developing FS2 Open for DirectX and hasn't been for somewhere around a year or so now. OpenGL is the only fully supported API.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Cause some people can't use OpenGL and it doesn't hurt to have an emergency backup as long as it's clearly labelled as such and isn't installed by default.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Andrew_Cluetain

• Modder Back from Shivan Space...
 :D Yes got it working!!! I had to search for nivida OpenGL drivers but it works!!!  And I have only one compalint:

:beamz: I can't Have 2 Shadow crabs fighting ALONG side a Sajathis jugernught with maras VS EA+GTVA

But seriously it rocks
I've been part of the FS2 Comunity before but have been out of touch these last years and want to get back in the cockpit.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
You could if you extracted a load of files and made a custom 3>4 ship add-on mod for FS2 SCP ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Ok I have tried to download the one file from download.com everytime i try it redirects me back to the forums any ideas?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Download.com is currently experiencing database problems from an upgrade.  TBP got botched on their site.  The file is missing and the download link is pointing to the forum.  Basically the whole TBP entry is screwed.  I've got a support ticket open on it.  You can get it from ModDB it's just 2 files instead of 1. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

ok thanks

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Download.com link is back up.  They must have know I was headed there to file another trouble ticket. 

Anyway current download total just  between download.com and ModDB is now over 5500. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Slasher

Is there an aggregate figure for total downloads thus far?  ~5,000 seems low, even if it has been a few years since the mod was really in the spotlight. 

:(

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Have no way of knowing how many have downloaded from the other sites or torrents. 

Just looked at FreeSpaceMods.net.  There are over 1000 more downloads of the installer and Mac/Linux build. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:31:31 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
~5,000 seems low

Possibly worth doing some more promotion.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
even if it has been a few years since the mod was really in the spotlight. 

that's the point!

We need more profile, cutscene-packed, voice-acted, 20+ mission long, perfectly written, extremely well balanced, action-packed campaigns that feature a great story. GO TO IT!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
We need more profile, cutscene-packed, voice-acted, 20+ mission long, perfectly written, extremely well balanced, action-packed campaigns that feature a great story. GO TO IT!

We need to have an online chat about our joint campaign. It ticks most of those boxes but I need some help tying up the plot threads in a coherent way.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Richdog

This is working great for me with Vista, thanks so much for putting it all in one convenient DVD, it's been a blast so far from the little i've played it.

Just out of interest which one is the main Babylon Project campaign?  They all looked like short ones and dmeos form what I saw in the list, unless i'm just being blind and haven't paid enough attention.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Earth Minbari War Demo is the first one.  Raider Wars is the second.  After that they are all end user made so take your pick. 

Offline Mungrel

5,000 seems low

The dvd is too big for me to get, maybe that's part of the problem. Actually, v3.4b is still too big. Is there a change log from 3.3a?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
No there isn't.  You have options for different file size downloads from the full DVD down to 100 meg chunks.  I had it broken down into 20 meg chunks but those seem to have been removed from mediafire. 

Offline Mungrel

No there isn't. 

Bugger. Look like i'll be sticking with 3.3a for a while yet.  :(