Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 13440 times)

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
Oh yeah for sure.  I'm more just worried about the level of hype y'know?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
..... Fallout 76 had hype?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline theperfectdrugsk

• thinks there should be a dedicated 'en-dash' key
FO76 was a bad example.  My brain hadn't coffee'd yet.  FO76 levels of disappointment I think is what I was trying to say.

Have been drooling over all the videos CD Projekt Red have been releasing on youtube lately. Eg just look at the amazing views of the huge city in this one!

Over the last few months they’ve been doing a really good behind the scenes series called ‘Night City Wire’ with heaps of amazing new gameplay footage. Here’s the first few episodes!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Any idea what the spec requirements will be?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
According to a 2-second googling and CDPR:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB HDD, SSD recommended

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB SSD

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I could've googled it but this way was marginally more social 😜. Anyone still play elite dangerous by the way?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Yoi, still playing E:D from time to time.

As for Cyberpunk 2077, I'm eagerly expecting its release though it will also be my first played CDPR title.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Offline Luis Dias

Funny to realise the first post in this thread is from 2013, when they launched the teaser. This game will have been in development for 10 years.

e: I'm getting some weird "We can do anything in Star Citizen Universe!" vibes from all of these videos.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Funny to realise the first post in this thread is from 2013, when they launched the teaser. This game will have been in development for 10 years.

Difference being, of course, that in between 2013 and now CDPR actually released a whole other game.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress

Difference being, of course, that in between 2013 and now CDPR actually released a whole other game.

Plus dlc👍
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Luis Dias

I wasn't criticizing, just noticing. These "we will never crunch oh wait we will crunch after all" guys are at least competent in releasing really good quality games.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seems to be working. Had a quick play before work. Looks awesome.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hog out or log out, hacker

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Been playing it a couple hours now; all of these opinions are still in the process of being made.

TL;DR: I like it, but this isn't the Greatest Game Ever (TM) (R) (C)

Longer:
Okay, so, let's get the bad things out the way first: This game is janky as ****. There are glitches all over the place, most of them in the "annoying but handleable" range: Objects that mysteriously float in the air; things dropping out the sky for no apparent reason, that sort of thing.
But there's a deeper level of jank that I think won't be fixable, and that's due to the way the systems in this game don't seem to be very well thought out. There's an extensive leveling and perk system, pages of skill trees and things, and little to reason to interact with them. The effects of leveling up a given attribute are so granular that it's hard to tell whether there was any effect at all.
There's a crafting system for some reason, but using it is a trap, since the game's loot system (and it is a loot system, make no mistake; everything is color-coded by rarity), is like a gimped version of Borderland's "tons of random guns" system ... except not as fun, so anything you have now might be invalidated with the very next mission you go on.
Driving feels bad on mouse and keyboard, and just sort of approaches tolerable with a gamepad. Combat doesn't feel good either; even the Deus Ex reboot games had better gunplay.

In other words, this is a CDPR game on the mechanical side.

Its saving grace is that it is also a CDPR game on the writing side. It takes a while for a theme to emerge (it only happens after the introductory stuff is out the way and Keanu Reeves starts living rent-free in your head), but I'm curious to see how the game is going to develop it down the line.
My biggest complaint about the writing is that it hasn't developed a reason for this game to by cyberpunk beyond the purely superficial trappings of neon, chrome, dirt and flying cars. Make no mistake, that surface is incredible to look at: this is a game with remarkably dense visuals, but for the moment, it just seems to be a surface. Cyberpunk 2020, the TTRPG, had a tagline of "style over substance", and this is following in those footsteps. It is a very safe game in many aspects: There's a "corporations bad" thing going on, but the corporations in question are so comically evil that anyone who isn't a hardcore ancap would agree.
However, this is big picture stuff that is just based on my impressions right now; there's still tons of content left to explore and maybe the depth I'm looking for is somewhere in there.

One standout thing in this is the game's voice cast (with one exception): They're all really good. The actress playing female V made me feel emotions for a character I only knew for an hour or two, and that's definitely an achievement.
The one exception is Keanu Reeves: His introductory ... bit, I guess? ... is very rough indeed, very much "Keanu Reeves plays Keanu Reeves playing an asshole"; it smoothes out a bit later on, but hooo boy that early performance is not good.

Overall: Yeah, I like this game so far, but temper your expectations.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Oh, and here's something profoundly weird.

Cyberpunk is one of the big showcase titles for Raytracing. However, unlike Control, which also used RT to do reflections, you never see your own character reflected anywhere, except mirrors you manually trigger.

V stands for Vampire. Pass the word.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
For those who want to buy on GOG, don't. At least for now, but in 2-3 weeks the situation should be more stable. Their infrastructure is completely overloaded, money transfers may get lost in limbo and you will wait many days for your delivery. I'm waiting third o__O.

Apparently CDPR failed to prepare enough hardware for massive incrase of activity... Or straightforward ignored potential need.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I am now 25 hours in, and have gotten through a large chunk of the story.

In those hours, I have:
* Upgraded my cyberware twice
* Crafted a thing once
* Actually engaged with the perk system never (I did put points into things, but neither my playstyle nor my experience of the game actually changed)

This is really bad for a game as big as this. It speaks to development ressources being spent on systems for the sake of having systems, with no real game design or mission balancing going on.

As for the story...
Spoiler:
I think I have a handle on the themes now. Everyone in Night City is lonely and miserable; Night City takes your dreams and spits them in your face. V wishes to be a legend, the best; Night City makes sure they are by putting a legend in their head that is slowly but surely killing them.
The thing is .... this is presented with a weird sort of indifference. Yeah, there's Johnny Silverhand ranting about burning the city down, but he is literally trapped in its systems of power; he rebels against being a puppet, but he's just a tool like everyone else. V (depending on how you play them) can care about people, but can't actually do anything about their misery; There is no revolution at the end of the tunnel, just a struggle for survival against the onrushing train.

There are still neat and weird bits in there that make this game interesting to play, its world interesting to experience. But, at the end of the day, I don't think this game has a whole lot to say for itself. It's at the same time overly ambitious in its tech and not ambitious enough in its writing; where Rockstar took the canvas of Red Dead and spun an epic morality tale where every single scene was infused with that game's themes, Cyberpunk ends up as a portrayal of life in a dystopian, careless future -- and with no real energy behind its protesting of this dystopia.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Cyberpunk ends up as a portrayal of life in a dystopian, careless future -- and with no real energy behind its protesting of this dystopia.

A bit off topic, but this made me think of that "the art of saying nothing" video. It's about a different game, sure. But it kinda reverberates with the main point, they don't really protest things in big AAA titles these days:
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299